SFI UP-Date

LOL. Thanks for breaking the ice Scott. You are a great sports fisherman in your own mind and that is all that matters buddy:p:D.

Sorry for dragging you in to the conversation. Just popped into my head at the time. Just trying to make an important point is all.

Cheers,
John

AMMIn

Guess that statement just really tells us how much you really know.....Jack ...... go out get fishing perhaps you will understand.. sad... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Thanks for breaking the ice Scott. You are a great sports fisherman in your own mind and that is all that matters buddy. n

You just keep sleeping in, reading the morning paper in your PJ's :) while watching reruns of Canada in the Rough on Sundays as we fish for tuna.:p Kinda like 2 Sundays ago during an ad for Excalibur Crossbows to close out CITR you almost threw your poached eggs all down the side of the bed staining your bed skirt with yolks while exclaiming....."**** Marc....we need to be 50 miles from HERE...RIGHT.....NOW!!" :eek:

Meanwhile.....we had 10+ by 10am. ;)

You just keep sleeping in, reading the morning paper in your PJ's while watching reruns of Canada in the Rough on Sundays as we fish for tuna. Kinda like 2 Sundays ago during an ad for Excalibur Crossbows to close out CITR you almost threw your poached eggs all down the side of the bed staining your bed skirt with yolks while exclaiming....."**** Marc....we need to be 50 miles from HERE...RIGHT.....NOW!!"

Meanwhile.....we had 10+ by 10am. ;)

We are trying to be serious here damn it :D!!! (oh yeah we almost caught up by the way and it was better to be late than run out of fuel:cool:).

We are trying to be serious here damn it :D!!! (oh yeah we almost caught up by the way and it was better to be late than run out of fuel:cool:).

We weren't low on fuel......that was the other boat who wanted us to hold up for them. I was home in time for ceviche and happy hour.

You are welcome for us finding the fish for you. Did you have your PJ's with the sewn in slippers on under your weather gear?

Will be going to more meetings for sure. Whats good for the guides is not always good for the average joe. Thats what im saying.

Well then you and Lorne better get something organized and quit yer bitching

There you go shooting your mputh off without knowing the facts.

Pogy?? Are you serious?? THe only people that qualify for Employment insurance are the employees of the big lodges. All of the people involved in the process are owner operators like me. I don't qualify and neither does the majority of the people that are involved in the process.

It's small minded people like you that help divide the sport fishers and help the commercial lobbyists.........

are you one of them?

Just to be clear, I am FACKING sick and tired of being labelled as "someone that divideds the sport sector" because i dont agree with the ****** process that is very much one sided and flawed and the ******** you clowns try to sell us. And everytime you guys pipe up with **** that doesnt make sense, i will be here to call you on it. And it makes you guys stir! I speak for myself and myself only, BUT there are many many folks that think the same way.

The truth is, its YOU guys that keep the sport sector split up. Look yourself in the mirror and maybe then you will realise what people are so upset about. You want to get more "sportfisherman" on board? its not hard, make your meetings a little more accomdating( not 9am on a tuesday), make them more well known(post on message boards, ask Local fishing stores to put a notice, instead of posting what just happened), ask for input from sportfisherman that attend that have no vested interest other then wanting to the best for the fisheries and opportunities, instead of making it seem like they dont know anything. Help them understand the process instead of shutting them out of it. Be more transperent. But the truth is, you dont really want all kinds of people showing up, you dont want thier input, you dont give a **** what the average joe thinks. That is plain as plain can be.

Its all about integrity. Google it and apply it to your life, that would be a start.

peace out!

Just back to ONE of the original topics as I like me a good discussion. :p

What is wrong with having guides/lodges speaking up for the Sporty sector? At the very least they are a voice that can get themselves relatively speaking, "organized".

Having read these forums over the past many years and reading SO MANY grassroots efforts to have the "average Joe fishermen" organize themselves it NEVER happens. Yes....letters get written, some attended a rally at the BC Legislature a few years back....but all in all they have done squat as individual letters seldom make much of a difference. Associations/Federations/Organized Groups are a voice that is going to be heard at the very least and gain an audience with those "powers that be" that are making all of us go bonkers. :eek:

I have written numerous letters which are well thought out, well written with a clear point or stance being outlined and have received nothing more than the "form" responses that some 'aid' of an official likely wrote. For me personally, I have given up writing letters as to date it has made ZIPPO of a difference and I would much rather throw my support behind a more concerted, organized voice to fight the battle. Scott Crichton is NOT going to get the airtime that the SFI or SFAB will....so I am happy to let them do what they can.

All of us belly aching on a chat forum is doing nothing much other than pissing off one another in some cases and simply just dividing us.

If the guides on this forum are attending meetings more regularily and part of a "voice" that could for example change the halibut allocation then let me be the first to raise my glass to them. :)

Just to be clear, I am FACKING sick and tired of being labelled as "someone that divideds the sport sector" because i dont agree with the ****** process that is very much one sided and flawed and the ******** you clowns try to sell us. And everytime you guys pipe up with **** that doesnt make sense, i will be here to call you on it. And it makes you guys stir! I speak for myself and myself only, BUT there are many many folks that think the same way.

The truth is, its YOU guys that keep the sport sector split up. Look yourself in the mirror and maybe then you will realise what people are so upset about. You want to get more "sportfisherman" on board? its not hard, make your meetings a little more accomdating( not 9am on a tuesday), make them more well known(post on message boards, ask Local fishing stores to put a notice, instead of posting what just happened), ask for input from sportfisherman that attend that have no vested interest other then wanting to the best for the fisheries and opportunities, instead of making it seem like they dont know anything. Help them understand the process instead of shutting them out of it. Be more transperent. But the truth is, you dont really want all kinds of people showing up, you dont want thier input, you dont give a **** what the average joe thinks. That is plain as plain can be.

Its all about integrity. Google it and apply it to your life, that would be a start.

peace out![/QUOTE]

Very interesting that you would throw out that word "integrity" .
Its been my personal experience that those who throw that word out at people they do not know, are the very same people who struggle to understand or follow the true meaning of it... Perhaps a self betrayal?

Very interesting that you would throw out that word "integrity" .
Its been my personal experience that those who throw that word out at people they do not know, are the very same people who struggle to understand or follow the true meaning of it... Perhaps a self betrayal?

Classic. I know you are but what am I would have saved you some typing. Anyway I'm done for now!

derby trying to send you a pm,(re email lists)your box is full

Guides and SFI and SFAB and few sporties are fighting for the same cause to enable us to all fish in the future, I for one will always stand up and send in letters, talk, shout. screem at DFO........ what about 20 years from now when a 20 year old asks me what did you do to STOP DFO from all this maddness i for one can with a clear concience say I tried my best ....

the people who are on the SFI and SFAB work long and hard and if they can carry what I say/want to a minister then they will always have my backing they do GOOD work and are there for us....(most)

You cant say that for a lot on here!!!!!

Best way to make a difference is for people to contact their MP's and tell them what they think. I doubt the guiding fraternity alone can accomplish much except maybe rile the commercial guys into saying "why are you any different than us?", just not enough of them and many people see them as catering to rich tourists (not saying its always true). On the other hand, if everyone who buys a sportsfishing license was to start making a noise the politicians would be more inclined to listen because you've now engaged a significant part of the electorate ( which equals reelection) . Now its the guy with the car topper wanting to take his kids and or grandkids fishing, something that even those who don't fish can relate to as well as a large number of people who aren't part of the industry but just everyday folk who like to fish.

Back