SFBC's 2019-2020 NHL Hockey Thread

I have to say that Petterson is also going into his same fade he had last year. Miller is the one driving that line.
Like Drink said, we need to sit Erickson and perhaps Roussell and give Mckewen and Bailey a chance.

I have to say that Petterson is also going into his same fade he had last year. Miller is the one driving that line.
Like Drink said, we need to sit Erickson and perhaps Roussell and give Mckewen and Bailey a chance.
Agree Mike about Peterson fading. I don’t think his body is developed fully yet

Deserving loss again this evening. Played pretty OK at times but the playoffs are differently in question. Should have had a sustained forecheck as the Leafs Defence was decimated with injuries. I beginning to think Green can't get it done on the big stage and refuses to send his team a message.
Matthews is one outstanding player for sure and SN made sure it was due noted throughout the broadcast.
Demko is now on a very short leash, Green needed to change it up after the Ottawa game and chose not to, Pettersson has died on the vine. Hughes was off a bit but I personally think he is tired and his ice time needs to better managed.
On to Columbus who were ripped by Torts after a pathetic effort last game. I suggest we are in trouble again with this one.

beginning to think Green can't get it done on the big stage and refuses to send his team a message.
He's in way over his head and should go back to coaching midget.

Demko is now on a very short leash, Green needed to change it up after the Ottawa game and chose not to...
Loser attracts loser look how Green keeps playing Eriksson- I mean he started the game with him FFS!

Including tonight's game the Canucks have 4 back to backs in March. Tough schedule so Green has no choice but to deal with all this stuff. His job depends on it for 2021 or he is on the unemployment line. Too late for this year.
Team has been in a funk since Christmas and I am sure he must get it that their his system is flawed and I can't believe players continually get rewarded for poor performance. Did you see a Canuck bodycheck out there tonight? They are a stick checking team that consistently does not win board battles. If they get in on the forecheck they have success otherwise they are easy pickings. My rant is over keeping in mind Pittsburg has lost 6 in a row. I think I will paint the basement suite tomorrow and skip the TV.

total in control until the 3rd period..thinking Markstrome is in a very good position regarding his next contract :oops:
Yes, they need Markstrom! He covers up a lot of their deficiencies! How long are they overpaying useless players like Sutter and Rousel? Roussel gets away with a hack, so then decides to hack him again in the feet just to make sure he goes down with 3 minutes left. They cant win on the road, they dont hold leads. At least it's a strong draft year, they may get a decent player with the 12th or 13th pick.

oh you will watch :) :)
While the paint was drying my curiosity got the better of me as always so I snuck in to see what was going on. Canucks up 3-1 late in the 3rd so I figured I would come back later in the evening and enjoy the PVR along with a few cocktails. Not so I am afraid.

Yes, they need Markstrom! He covers up a lot of their deficiencies! How long are they overpaying useless players like Sutter and Rousel? Roussel gets away with a hack, so then decides to hack him again in the feet just to make sure he goes down with 3 minutes left. They cant win on the road, they dont hold leads. At least it's a strong draft year, they may get a decent player with the 12th or 13th pick.
I have officially given up and I am now all in on the draft pick. Agree with everything mentioned PEF.

How about those surging Flyers!!! :cool::cool::cool:
Yup, AV's got them playing with a ton of confidence. Something like 6 wins in a row as they just blew by Pittsburg in the standings. PP is doing it big time. Always liked AV as a coach as I thought he was a perfect fit in Vancouver.

Tough loss tonight. Canucks may have been the better team tonight but the better system and some puck luck won it for Arizona. Still Arizona had 40 shots on goal, not bad for a team that doesn't score much.
Colorado next.

Yeah they just give up too many good chances to be successful this time of the year

Back