SFBC's 2019-2020 NHL Hockey Thread

Absolute excellent banner tribute to the Sedin's this evening. Class act by the Canucks organization. We were fortunate as fans to have the privilege of the "sedinery". The Kesler ovation was great to see as he was an absolute warrior.
Beiksa's roast suggests he is ready for the big screen. There was some major Canuck legends in attendance this evening. Too bad the Stanley Cup has not been in our grasp for 50 years.This province would go nuts.
On another note kind of ridiculous why TSN would run an article on this particular day of whether the Sedin's are worthy Hall of Famers. Hats off to SportsNet as they did an admiral job this evening. Showed the love.
On to the game, going to be tough for the players to get ready.Great opponent by the way. Hawks wearing a 22/33 decal on their helmets is a nice touch.

Last edited:
“Even Duncan Keith....” hahah. Great ceremony. Sucks that everyone on the ice couldn’t hear a thing.

A Interesting trade.. thoughts ?
Needed to happen with Boeser out for the year. I don't mind it. Schaller isn't playing so he doesn't matter, Madden might not pan out (time will tell). The 2nd round pick sucks. Jim trying to keep his job by making playoffs but might have screwed us over for the future. I think it's on par for what Tampa paid for Coleman.

...Boeser out for the year...
Yes I've had that sort of injury (from falling while fishing the Cap of all things) it's painful and takes forever to heal small wonder he looked so slow.

I don't think the trade will amount to anything more than a dry fart in a windstorm.

Ya just starting to hear about all the injury's we are short wingers now... didn't no much about how tough he is...we differently need some grit

Like the trade as a top 6 forward will cost you. It's all about the playoffs and the Canuck players this year deserve a chance to get there. Losing BB6 and Ferland tipped JB's hand and in all likelihood Edmonton and Calgary were probably seeking Toffoli as well. The Pacific is a tight race and JB couldn't just sit back as I am sure the players love the commitment. There is enough future prospects but losing the 2nd will hurt somewhat. Losing Madden at 150 pounds is worth the gamble if we get to the playoffs. Time will tell on this one.

Tough loss as Minnesota got the bounces and the Canucks didn't. Markstrom's game was average which have been far and in between , Gaudette and Roussel have both hit a wall. The north south game plan puts too much pressure on our defence. Chased the puck most of the night again as the Minnesota defence pinched at will and the Canucks were hemmed in. Overall team was decent against a trap team. Minnesota is 7-3 in their last 10 so they have been playing well.
BO's is noticeably off his game a bit but maybe that's Erickson's fault. On to Boston hoping for a big effort.

Last edited:
Not sure why they rolled with Toffoli in the shoot out ?
Cinderella ending to pad JB's latest trade but worth a try. Who else other than Quinn H. would be a good choice?Toffoli is 1-10 in shoot outs so his drought continues. Nobody else really jumps out for me.

What a night what a game for our Canucksov. Leafs beat by the emergency Zamboni driver who took the win for the Canes. Love it. All down hill for the Leafs unless they do something big tomorrow.
A trade at the deadline won’t change their poor defensive coverage. Maybe Babcock wasn’t the problem?

A trade at the deadline won’t change their poor defensive coverage. Maybe Babcock wasn’t the problem?

A team of overpaid stars all looking to pad their own stats is the problem, and a GM who's idea of building a team is pay everyone whatever they want! Great Story with the 42 year old replacement goalie getting the win for Carolina . Experience of a lifetime for him. One of the worst hockey performances I've ever seen from an NHL team. Tripping over blue lines, could only score 2 goals against the Zamboni Driver.

As big as it was for you admit you got a bit nervous during the weird first round of upsets last season, I can do the same and say that my $100 is in serious trouble moving forward! Oh I mean $10... that was a typo originally ;)

Everyone has to feel great for the two all time emergency goalies that guy to fulfill a lifelong dreams... The guy from the blackhawks a couple of years ago was one my favourite stories of all time. Dude was working his office job all day, gave up zero goals, made a huge sprawling save and got 1st star in front of the home crowd!!!

As big as it was for you admit you got a bit nervous during the weird first round of upsets last season, I can do the same and say that my $100 is in serious trouble moving forward! Oh I mean $10... that was a typo originally ;)

Everyone has to feel great for the two all time emergency goalies that guy to fulfill a lifelong dreams... The guy from the blackhawks a couple of years ago was one my favourite stories of all time. Dude was working his office job all day, gave up zero goals, made a huge sprawling save and got 1st star in front of the home crowd!!!
I was nervous until I realized how terrible they are defensively. Like in football, defense win championships which I’m hoping the Canucks remember while building their team for their Cup run next year so I can collect my $100

I was nervous until I realized how terrible they are defensively. Like in football, defense win championships which I’m hoping the Canucks remember while building their team for their Cup run next year so I can collect my $100
True! I’ll say Sandin looked great while winning the best d man in the word juniors and Moran Reilly is really good when not injured. I’m trying to stay positive here!

No question that Morgan Reilly is a great offensive type defenseman

Yeah its good to stay positive

Back