vxAekOm.jpg

Pjqa32h.jpg

AMmN9l1.jpg

eG9FDcn.jpg

Deck is Done too,
4GFHerw.jpg

W64N0P9.jpg

W64N0P9.jpg
That’s a dream boat right there. Well, I guess ANY boat is a dream boat for me right now. Anyways, yours is the dreamiest!

Doing the same with my 88 Grady seafarer. If anyone knows where I can pick up two 150 ox66's or a single 250 much appreciated.

Attachments

• ad_1579882906767.jpg
    ad_1579882906767.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 109
Battery Cable Sizing how do you guy's do it?

I am trying to figure out what size battery cable to buy. All connections will be well less than 5ft. The engines came with 4 Gage cables and are about 6ft long so according to bluesea they are good to 100Amps. Is it safe to use 4 gage for the rest of my install? I will be installing a 3 battery system so need quite a bit of cable so cost is going to be important.

Last edited:
Been a while since I last updated but I finally got back into doing some work

Kicker motor is now hanging

I have installed the grid floor for the back hold. This floor will be used to mount the batteries. I had to grind back some of the paint and glass in two rails for the gird to sit on. The paint will be fixed soon

I have also rebuilt both fuel tanks and have manged to get the first one reinstalled in the boat

And Finally I have designed the Fuel module, hoping to build it this weekend. The plan is for the bracket to be made of 3/4" starboard

HfEc2AT

Last edited:
Fuel Module installed and hoses connected. Fits better than I thought. Ended up having to use some brass fittings. My plan was to use only aluminium fittings but I ran into really bad Galling issues with the aluminium elbows due to poor thread quality. If I had to do again I would likely have installed stainless steel bushings in all the filter ports to separate the metals and prevent Galling.

My next step is to drill the holes in the transom for the rigging tubes. My research shows that there two options for installing rigging tubes. photo 1 shows a configuration of centered tubes on the transom which leads to different rigging tube lengths. Or there is the second option which shows the left rigging tube offset to the left which gives parallel rigging tubes. Anybody have a suggestion which is the better option?

Not sure which option is better other than for it being a neat tidy install. I know my builder drilled the holes and ran the steering lines before it left his shop. He had also predrilled the mounting holes on the the pod for the twins. He said he would rather he put them in....a bit of a pride thing I’m sure after so many hours of build time...lol. Anyways....this my configuration that seems to work well. The only difference maybe that your pod is one solid flat surface so maybe the center mount would be cleaner. I have sort of have a separate standing/work area on each side of my pod so I don’t really need to be where the tubes etc come through the stern. The kicker tube was done at the shop where they rigged the power.

Attachments

• A49FFFCF-1E50-438A-A58A-8F676279BED3.jpeg
    A49FFFCF-1E50-438A-A58A-8F676279BED3.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 144
  • F4A21B94-8F81-40DD-AFD7-F72B695C7F26.png
    F4A21B94-8F81-40DD-AFD7-F72B695C7F26.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hi RealSlim

Thanks for the photos. So your install is another variant. The holes are positioned more to the right so the rigging tube is more or less directly in line with the rigging hole on the motor. any chance you can send me a top down picture showing the rigging tubes and side profile?

Thanks

Martin

Back