Seafoam

Yes. Follow the recommended mix on the bottle. Stuff works wonders if it's just gummy carbs.

Cant tell you about 4 strokes but the stuff sure works great in my old 115 Johnson.There's a tutorial on "The Hull Truth".Google "Dunks Seafoam Shock Treatment" and you should be able to find the thread.I use a seperate fuel tank
when I do it then switch back over to my regular tank once it's done.I even run 1 oz. for every gallon in my every day fuel just to keep things rolling.It's great stuff!

Hey Scott -- I run it all the time. First, you can use it as a fuel stabilizer so it never hurts to add it to your tank -- follow the directions for that.

I've done the Seafoam shock treatment to both 2 and 4 stroke motors and it works amazing. On my 350MAG I'd get dirty injectors every few years and the engine would miss and power would be off. Warm up the engine first. Full bottle of Seafoam into a 1 Gallon tank of fuel. Rig up a line to feed the engine the Seafoam treatment. Run the engine at 2000RPMs at the dock until you could hear it running rough. Shut off and let sit for 30 minutes -- start and repeat once more. Take boat for a hard run and no more dirty injectors.

Great for winterizing too -- get the spray can. Start the engine, let it warm up. Spray it into the carb with the engine running until you can get it to stall out. Remove plugs. Pour a small quantity into the cylinders. Turn over the engine with the plugs removed to distribute the product. Reinstall plugs. When you start the engine next season it will produce enough white smoke to kill every resident mosquito within 500 yards for about 5 minutes.

I also have a 4 stroke Ryobi weed wacker -- carb is so tiny on it that any dirt significantly impacts idle and starting. 4 screws to remove carb. Spray Seafoam over everything to clean. Reassemble and the thing will run great for a few more years.

Stuff can also be used in diesel engines -- added to the fuel or use it when changing fuel filters -- fill the filter with Seafoam to clean injectors.

I've had great results with SeaFoam. Two years ago I added the Esso marine fuel stablizer to my outboard tank and left it in the garage for the entire winter (regular gas) and that caused all sorts of issues with my 4 stroke Honda in the spring. Had to take it to Honda for service and they asked me around $1,000 to rebuild the carb!:eek:
A mechanic told me to use SeaFoam mixed with Shell 91 and basically follow the same recipe that TenMile explained above. After flushing the carb with SeaFoam and a couple of hours hard run, the engine went back to normal. I've been adding it to my fuel tank on every refill, year round and haven't had anything but great results. I'm also adding it to my lawn mower and trimmer and am very happy with how they work after winter. Great stuff.

Back