Sea surface temperature

bryce

Crew Member
What is the best app for sea surface temperature
Not happy with terrafin especially on the north coast (Charlottes)
Any other options would be appreciated

not much else, unfortunately it can be really hard to get a good shot of the west side in august. We have caught them 16-25 miles off hippa but the window is always pretty short...

The WINDY app does it. Not sure how accurate it is. The app is pretty accurate for wind speed predictions (most of the time). I only ever use it for Wind.

(To find it in the app you have to go through the layers, and then "more layers" it is there, just have to dig for it).

Speaking of ocean temperatures - we were out boating around Sentry Shoal last week one evening. Jumped in for a swim. Was shocked at the temp!! According to Lowrance, it was 25.9 deg!!!! Insanely warm for the ocean (was reading 17 on fathers day). That heat wave has caused all kinds of issues!

not much else, unfortunately it can be really hard to get a good shot of the west side in august. We have caught them 16-25 miles off hippa but the window is always pretty short...
Ya I’ve fished them a few times outta Charlotte just frustrating not being able to get a good water shot

have to dig through the layers on this app but there’s a ton of info there. I believe surface temp is in there somewhere too. Got the link from the weather chick one night when it was up in the corner of the screen.

have to dig through the layers on this app but there’s a ton of info there. I believe surface temp is in there somewhere too. Got the link from the weather chick one night when it was up in the corner of the screen.

I tried for a bit there looks like you gotta be a Harvard lawyer to figure that one out may play around with it a bit more tonight

I tried for a bit there looks like you gotta be a Harvard lawyer to figure that one out may play around with it a bit more tonight
UBC BPE
try to find SeaSurfaceTemp (SST) in the overlay.
looks like 11.7*C west of Charlottes today. I couldn't zoom in anymore.2021-07-07 (2).png

Played around a bit I figured commercial guys would have something better or someone that definitely helps when terrafin shows nothing though

Back