Scotty mounts and prop damage question

Rust

Hey folks, a real newbie here. My wife and I just bought our first boat, its an older 170 campion allante. Came with 2 electric scotty down riggers, but I see im missing some mounting stuff. There is a base plate on the boat, and one rigger has a flip up mount on it, the other nothing. I can't seem to find much for flip up info... can or should I just get 2 swivel mounts?

Also how much prop damage is too much? I'm assuming this one needs fixed or replaced but again this my first boat so looking for any info or advice form those with some experience.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210330_183648.jpg
    20210330_183648.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 20210323_180001.jpg
    20210323_180001.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 20210323_175940.jpg
    20210323_175940.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 130
Hey folks, a real newbie here. My wife and I just bought our first boat, its an older 170 campion allante. Came with 2 electric scotty down riggers, but I see im missing some mounting stuff. There is a base plate on the boat, and one rigger has a flip up mount on it, the other nothing. I can't seem to find much for flip up info... can or should I just get 2 swivel mounts?

Also how much prop damage is too much? I'm assuming this one needs fixed or replaced but again this my first boat so looking for any info or advice form those with some experience.

Thanks
That prop needs to be repaired.

I agree: get that prop repaired. For 1) the boat will not perform as it should. 2) a prop out of balance will cause other, expensive problems.

Get the swivel mounts.

Someone scooped the swivel mounts off those riggers, simple fix. That prop should probably be delt with though I have run way worse in my travels. as fox said expensive problems if you gotta start fixing the lower leg.

for sure dont run the prop, get it fixed or replace , the vibration it will create will destroy your bearings in the leg. i would also drop , insp and replace leg oil

Depending on your budget, I would suggest investing in a new prop and having that one 'fixed' as your spare.
If that engine likes to bite rocks, might be nice to have a spare on board.

If you are getting a new prop, ask the nice members here for suggestions.
We like to spend other peoples' money!

Depending on your budget, I would suggest investing in a new prop and having that one 'fixed' as your spare.
If that engine likes to bite rocks, might be nice to have a spare on board.

If you are getting a new prop, ask the nice members here for suggestions.
We like to spend other peoples' money!
Hahaha no gauentee I'm going to spring for a new prop if this one can be fixed, but on the flip side im always open to opinions and options!

I emailed scotty and as pineapple express mentioned I will be getting 2 swivel mounts and a flip up.

Is changing the leg oil and inspecting any bearings in there something that can be done myself? Or best taken to an outboard mechanic?

Thanks for the replies, they are all much appreciated.

Back