scotty HP downriggers

Zero downtime this way. I personally carry spare counters but this seems like a way better option in ****** weather just keep fishing and throw a new one on at the dock later
Odd we have to consider a break down to new Scotty technology, before it was build better to last, never considered buying a few extra knobs for my VHF just in case of a breakdown, or maybe should I have ?? :)

Odd we have to consider a break down to new Scotty technology, before it was build better to last, never considered buying a few extra knobs for my VHF just in case of a breakdown, or maybe should I have ?? :)
No point in carrying VHF knobs. However, picking up an old non DSC VHF for $10 or $20 bucks, put the same power plug on it as your current VHF, and then vacuum pack it with some duct tape to mount it and put it in your emergency gear, is not a bad idea.

No point in carrying VHF knobs. However, picking up an old non DSC VHF for $10 or $20 bucks, put the same power plug on it as your current VHF, and then vacuum pack it with some duct tape to mount it and put it in your emergency gear, is not a bad idea.
Haha, ya and packing another kicker in the cuddy would be a help but ........ I expect mine to work ! hahahaha

Back