Scotty Downrigger issue.

Baxter

Having an issue with my brake. Going to
Call Scotty in the morning.

When retrieving and the auto stop is triggered the ball is occasionally dropping back down. Sometimes when retrieving the brake handle wobbles back and forth. Have to grab it to stop the wobble.

Can’t seem to find help on this issue online. Scotty site just says to contact them (but they’re closed today)

Anyone out there have this happen? Is the fix a DIY?

Don’t really want to drive down to Vic to get it fixed but certainly will if I have to.

Last edited:
All that you need to do is pop the key off, remove the top nut and tighten the bottom nut which tightens the drag done...that's the same my 2106 will pull when it needs drag adjusted anyway. Just did exactly the same when I switched from 15 to 18lb cannonballs yesterday.

From what I remember check the wear plate any Groves = bad. When tighten until brake grabs a little under halfway maybe less. Then tighten.

Update: Thanks all! I adjusted the brake nut, about 1/4 turn tighter. The wobble in the brake handle went away, but we did have one retrieve hit the stopper then drop back down. Gave the brake nut another 1/4 turn and zero problems after that :)

What a simple solution and so obvious NOW. ;)

Update: Thanks all! I adjusted the brake nut, about 1/4 turn tighter. The wobble in the brake handle went away, but we did have one retrieve hit the stopper then drop back down. Gave the brake nut another 1/4 turn and zero problems after that :)

What a simple solution and so obvious NOW. ;)
I usually set the brake pressure with my digital scale. Set to about 25lbs pressure and it should be fine.

Back