Scotty 1080 strong arm manual downrigger

jeffywestcoast

bought this last year for 239.00 used three times ,016.jpg needs a scotty #1023 tilt up bracket which costs only $20 bucks or will sell with new bracket & 24" quick release for 150.00 or 120.00 as is.

Bump $140 with brand new 1023 tilt up bracket n quick release
The Scotty 1080 Strongarm Manual downrigger features a 24 inch long, 1 inch boom with 350 rodmaster II rod holder. The 1080 includes a 1023 tilt-up bracket, 200ft of 150lb stainless steel cable and a power grip plus line release. 2 feet per turn retrieve rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
My god.. does nobody hand crank anymore.. practically giving away this rigger at that price....:p

Pretty rare. Fished 2 full weeks at Nootka and saw a ton of boats. My boat had the only manual downrigger! Just look around and try to find manual riggers on boats on the water. Very rare.

ya, I bought this one because I couldn't afford two electric's at once, it is perfect for an aluminum boat and a great deal for someone ....

It IS perfect for a aluminum boat. you're right. I have two of those and they work excellent. That's a very fair price you're asking for that too.

Thanks... Just trying to pass along a deal to an SFBC member taking it off monday, just trying to clear out some unused gear. None of the stuff i post is cross posted anywhere else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, cheap shot, but seriously I do have an extra setup and might be able to use a spare rigger. I was going to offer when you were shopping but you pulled the trigger before I could.

Damn just my luck hey... I consulted a lot of people about jigging rods and the thread was up for 3 weeks before I pulled the trigger on the new one. Can't wait to giver a go for lings and maybe a halibut. Scotty gear stands the test of time. 125.00 is a fair deal..

We have one of these manual crank riggers and it is handy as a spare. They store easily, they are light we used to leave our one on our old boat full time in the cuddy. Saved us more than once when our electrics acted up or someone broke off too much line hanging up on a reef. Quick swap and you are back in action. I also like to use the manual when I fish osoyoos lake by myself. Stack 2 rods on one side and then you have a clear side to net. With an 8 lb ball they are easy to use down to 100ft. Or at nootka down to 60 ft no problem with a 10 or 12lb ball.

Sockeyes are coming and lots of people may wish they had a 3rd rigger to get more gear and flashers in the water. We have just got new electrics on our new boat but may rig a spot for the manual before August sockeye season.
The last great thing about manuals: leave them on your boat and nobody will steal them - less stuff to carry to the boat and rig up means it's easier to go fishing.
Cheers

Back