Schooner Cove Launch Ramp

The new owners at Beachcomber are what I would call less than amiable. They have a chain over the boat ramp with a combination padlock. They are terrified that someone might try and launch without paying. When you go to pay and get the combination they act like you are bothering them. I went there one morning about 7AM on a Saturday and the chain was up. No one available in the office so I couldn't launch my boat. It's like they don't want your business. I have other stories but don't want to get too harsh on a forum.

oh....o.k.....

There is also, I was told, a ramp at the Snaw'Nawas First Nations Res in Nanoose Bay just back down the bay a ways from the highway pull-off.

I am told the public can launch boats and park trailers there for a price......

I have never used it myself so I have no details on fees and whatnot......

Anybody here ever used it?.....if so what are ramp fees, parking and anything else that is pertinent?

oh....o.k.....

There is also, I was told, a ramp at the Snaw'Nawas First Nations Res in Nanoose Bay just back down the bay a ways from the highway pull-off.

I am told the public can launch boats and park trailers there for a price......

I have never used it myself so I have no details on fees and whatnot......

Anybody here ever used it?.....if so what are ramp fees, parking and anything else that is pertinent?

It hasn't really been in operation for years. I stopped by to look at it yesterday. The marina is all gone and the walkway by the ramp is in poor shape. The ramp itself looks surprisingly good.
Dave

I made a call to greg who runs the ramp today and to the developer, the water front is just tooo valuable in the plan to them to have a ramp there, I hit the twitter today let them them have it a little. Ill keep pestering them. and I think there is still a chance of keeping if we keep up the noise/hastle and if the trailers go away. so you would launch and then someone needs to take the trailer back home, but that is almost as large a pain in the butt as a crane.

Is it the trailers they don't like?

if they remove the ramp they haven't really gained much more valuable waterfront.......I mean , the proposed jib will basically be in the same spot and they'll still need some kind of vehicle turn-a-around.....

Is it the trailers they don't like?

if they remove the ramp they haven't really gained much more valuable waterfront.......I mean , the proposed jib will basically be in the same spot and they'll still need some kind of vehicle turn-a-around.....

It's the waterfront that they want. At the public meeting the other night there was an artists rendition of the proposed development. No room for a boat ramp. Money and private property talk.
Dave

yes....I saw that artist's rendition....... But there's not much difference other than the ramp itself would be gone...

There would be water where the ramp is now..........and that would be where they lower the boats to......

So they still need the same space for boat hoisting/lowering......

They would still need a vehicle turn-around by the jib......it shows the turn-around in their "rendition".....

Back