Sat. Apr. 23 - Prime Minister Harper in Campbell River!

Sushihunter

CONSERVATIVE PARTY OF CANADA

Vancouver Island North

Event Featuring
Prime Minister Stephen Harper

Conservative Candidate John Duncan is pleased to announce an event featuring Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Please come out and show your support for The Prime Minister, Vancouver Island candidates John Duncan, Troy DeSouza, John Koury and the campaign teams who are all working hard to bring Canada a stable majority Conservative government. This will be the largest and most memorable event that is hosted by the North Island 2011 Campaign Team.

Date: Saturday, April 23rd, 2011
Time: 4:30 P.M.
2005 Eagle Dr.,
Campbell River

There is no charge for attending this event.

Please note that for security reasons advance registration for this event is required. This must be completed by noon on Friday, April 22nd. You may also be required to produce photo identification.

To Register for this event call;
Campbell River (250) 914-3405
Comox Valley (250) 871-0770
Port Hardy (250) 902-0910

Directions to the Quinsam Center;
From Courtenay: Travel north on the inland Island Highway.
Turn left at the Willis Rd. exit on the Campbell River Bypass.
The Quinsam hall is located directly behind the Shell Service Station.

From north of Campbell River: Take the inland Island Highway Bypass and continue south. Turn right at the Willis Rd. exit. The Quinsam hall is located directly behind the Shell Service Station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great opportunity for you islanders to ask some vital questions on the C-party's stance on several environmental/fishery issues. Good luck getting an answer :) I know it's not directly in your backyard in CR but I'm curious as to what Harper has to say about the Enbridge pipeline project from the tar sands to Kitimat and his rolling back of the oil tanker ban/moratorium on the BC Coast which has been in place for decades. I know Harper is in bed with the oil boys from AB and would be very interested to hear how he spins this potentially tragic (yet short-term profitable) venture in front of the people who are taking on the risk without seeing the reward.

To anyone attending please share your takeaways from the meeting.

Surely to big a few pints tilted back at the old Quinnie after this session.... perhaps then the real debate will begin?? ;)

http://shitharperdid.ca.nyud.net/ - **** Harper Did website with links to each story in major newspapers as they happened. Like I've said all along, I'm not a fan of any of the leaders at this point and haven't decided who I will vote for but can't bring myself to voting Conservative given the destruction they have put us through recently. Harper's religious views alone where and are enough for me to not consider him as an option.

Harper coming to Campbell River to bail out sinking conservative candidate John Duncan.

In a not so surprising turn of events John Duncan's increasingly unpopular reputation is crying out for help from the big guns. To the rescue comes Stephen Harper. Following please find details on the scheduled event which many of the North Island constituants will be attending. Won't miss this one!

Here are the details: www.bchalibut.org or www.facebook.com/bchalibut

See you there guys! Sign up in advance to attend, if they dont accept your "application" we will be there at the gates to greet them!

I'm in.... I am really curious what kind of spin the PM will put on this for his Minister

So are we all getting together outside to let him know how we feel? This is what we have all been working for, we have raised enough stink the big guy is coming to town. We should be putting something together, meeting up somewhere and welcoming him to the Island. I know there is a bunch of us coming from Hardy.

Bear Cove

I am concerned this visit by Harper is nothing more than lip sync to try and salvage another conservative seat.

We have protested outside Duncans office regarding the Halibut allocation issue.

Duncan then said he could not interfere because it was in another ministers jursidiction. He did not attend even one meeting in his riding regarding the issue.. I believe there was 4-5 meetings in his riding.

I have written my letters to Shea, Harper and Duncan.

PM Harpers response to me is as follows March 01 2011

"Dear Ms. ____

On behalf of the Prime Minister, thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the allocation of halibut fishing rights.

After careful review, we have taken the liberty of forwarding your comments to the Hon. Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans under whose jurisdiction this matter falls. Minister Shea is in the best position to address the issues that you have raised and we would encourage you to dialogue directly with her office on this issue.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

Salpie Stepanian
Assistant to the Prime Minister"

No one has been willing to step up to the plate and work out a solution..
NOW.. fast forward.. election time..
Duncan said he would try?? (courtenay all candidates meeting)
What does TRY mean??
Like he has for the last year??
He just deferred it to Shea when he has had an opportunity to represent US, his constituents.

PM Harper deferred to Shea, when he could have DONE something to solve the allocation issue. He did nothing.
Remeber that was prior to election time!

It is all smoke and mirrors at this time..vote for who will represent your interests the best IMHO

What about this meeting taking place on private property? That doesn't sounds that public to me! This meeting should be somewhere that all the general public can access and be a part of it. This meeting is suppose to be for the people of the North Island and now only a select few get to get into the meeting on private property. If this doesn't have " were scared $hitle$$" written all over it I don't know what does. Just goes to show how scared they are to deal with the public on the issues at hand. Unless Mr Harper pulls a rabbit out of his hat and fixes this problem, but I think not!

I'm just about to leave Tahsis to go see the Prime Minister in Campbell River.

I'm the big guy with the black Westview Marina vest over a red T-shirt with a Nikon D40 camera and a black camera bag.

Say hi if you see me! I'm going to try and be up in the front rows during the speech.

Hope to see fellow fishermen there!

No Sushihunter to be seen!!! But given the fact that there had to be close to 1000 enthusiastic supporters in the auditorium (as in the place was packed), its not suprising that I couldnt find you!!!

Well folks-- we DID get the PMs attention. Almost right off the bat he said that Duncan would be working to come up with a solution to the halibut allocation issue that was important to BC. Election promise to be forgotten as soon as the polls close? Who really knows, but at least we now have all three parties saying that things have to improve on the allocation issue. That, to me is a breakthrough.

Great to hear we have everyones attention on the hali allocation issue.

I am thinking all SMOKE and MIRRORS to get another election seat, since Harper, as PM of this country could have fixed the issue long ago.
It then would have been a DONE DEAL today!

Last minute election promises from the Goverment that COULD have solved it ALL 6 + months ago...if he chose to!

Hi Cuba Libre:

Yes, I was there! For most of it I was stuck next to the wall next to where the PM made his entrance and exit. I did get to say hi to Mrs. Harper and she remembered me from the 2008 election. :)

It's 9:42 and I just got in a few minutes ago and just dumped my photos into the computer. I will post some shortly.

After the meeting I went out to where the protesters with signs were and talked to the only guy with a Halibut sign - not one of us, he had never heard of this forum, but he was there when we drove in and still there when we drove out. Good stamina!

I talked briefly with Troy DeSousa and I can confirm that he is working for our side on the Halibut issue. Good guy, if you are in his riding, please vote for him.

Talked with James Lunney, he is also onside with us. I talked with him about the meeting with the Nanaimo Fish & Game on the 26th, and he will talk with John Koury on our behalf on the Halibut issue.

John Koury was unable to make the meeting, but sent his campaign manager in his stead. I talked for quite a while with him after the meeting and brought him up to date with our concerns. He is familer with the talking points, but not being a fisherman, did not know a lot of background. I filled him in as best I could and he thanked me for doing so. I also got John Koury's personal cel phone number and will talk to him shortly to prep him on the Halibut issue. It looks like John K. is doing well on internal polling and stands a good chance at winning. I've known John since 2000, and he is a good guy who can get things done for us. Please vote for him if you are in Nanaimo-Cowachin (sp?).

More later, I'm going to watch the news.

BTW, if you are watching CTV tonight, watch for Bob Fife's report - I think I was in his shot - Camera Right side.

More later...

Harpers statement: "........he understands forestry and coastal communities better than anyone,he has been active on the halibut allocation issue, he is playing a key role in developing a BC solution to that important concern and he is a strong voice for the north island and the central coast and he has done a fantastic job.....John Duncan"

Harpers statement: "........he understands forestry and coastal communities better than anyone,he has been active on the halibut allocation issue, he is playing a key role in developing a BC solution to that important concern and he is a strong voice for the north island and the central coast and he has done a fantastic job.....John Duncan"

I agree with Mr. Harper John Duncan has been a strong voice for the north island and central coast and he has done a fantastic job - IF YOUR A COMMIE OR SLIPPER SKIPPER AND IN AGREEMENT WITH OUR COMMON PROPERTY RESOURCE BEING PRIVATIZED!!! Once again another example of the head in the sand arrogance of the Conservative government! It's time for the Conservative party to go the way of the dodo in my not so humble opinion!

H.E.H.

Hit that one squarely on the head HEH!
Lies lies and more lies!

Duncan HAS TO GO!
He IS being groomed as the nest Dino Minister. Heaven help us if he manages to win! :confused:

Bring this lying sack of Chit to justice my Friends! I am with you ALL THE WAY!! :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Back