Sansum Narrows question

B

bbronswyk2000

I have never run the salt before and wondering if their is anything I should be aware of when running the Narrows. I will be launching out of Cowichan Bay and heading to the Narrows. Just wondering safety wise that I should be aware of.

Thanks

when the tide gets flowing it can rip pretty good around both entrances and seperation point into cowichan bay. just stay in the middle and youll be fine theres no like surprise reefs in the narrows atall, theres burial island you will see but nothing extends to far off of it

If its ebbing the tide will be coming at you as you head to the Narrows , coming through Bold Bluff look for chunks of wood caught in the rip there could wack your prop , other than that the water there will be fine for any safety conscious boater.
If you are a first timer do not venture to Porlier Pass in any kind of full flood or ebb , strong currents and risky water if you run into a full rip with a wind against it , can be ugly .

AL

Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure and be safe. I ran the rivers when living on the LM and this is completely different. Just want to get my feet wet and get the hang of this salt thing.

Back