saltwater steelies?

fowl hook

Is there ne salt water steelhead around the nanaimo area and if so where abouts and wut depth r they at.Plz include time of year.

I'm pretty sure you need a salt water steelhead lisence. i might be wrong but i'm not sure if theres anything around our area. maybe around the mouth of the nanaimo river or french creek or maybe sea run cutties around englishmen river. give those a woot!

I'm pretty sure you need a salt water steelhead lisence. i might be wrong but i'm not sure if theres anything around our area. maybe around the mouth of the nanaimo river or french creek or maybe sea run cutties around englishmen river. give those a woot!

Salt water Steelhead? You're kidding, right?

Just in case you aren't, and know something that I've missed in 25 years of guiding on this Coast, the regs state on page 56:

"Trout and Char:

Trout included steelhead, dolly varden, cutthroat trout, brown trout and bull trout.

South of a line due west of Cape Caution:

* Wild trout: catch & release only.

* hatchery trout: 2, none of which may be smaller than 30 cm.

North of a line due west of Cape Caution:

*hatchery and wild trout: 2, only one of which may be greater than 50 cm. None may be smaller than 30 cm.

Note: Wild trout are those with an adipose fin. Hatchery trout are those with a healed scar in place of an adipose fin."

Good luck, you're sure gonna need it....

Gooey.

Salt water Steelhead? You're kidding, right?

Just in case you aren't, and know something that I've missed in 25 years of guiding on this Coast, the regs state on page 56:

"Trout and Char:

Trout included steelhead, dolly varden, cutthroat trout, brown trout and bull trout.

South of a line due west of Cape Caution:

* Wild trout: catch & release only.

* hatchery trout: 2, none of which may be smaller than 30 cm.

North of a line due west of Cape Caution:

*hatchery and wild trout: 2, only one of which may be greater than 50 cm. None may be smaller than 30 cm.

Note: Wild trout are those with an adipose fin. Hatchery trout are those with a healed scar in place of an adipose fin."

Good luck, you're sure gonna need it....

Gooey.

Back