Salmon took my Islander reel

I replaced the boom mount Scotty rod holders with boom mounted super heavy duty all stainless rod holders and thats where the Islanders and Sage/Loomis rods go. If you are going to stick with Scotty gunnel/transom mounted rod holders, get a later generation Striker model with the stainless pin in them as they are the strongest that Scotty makes and I have not heard of them failing. Sorry to hear of your loss, that sucks.
Hey any pics and model on your stainless rod holders?

Hey everyone. I have a bit of a horror story for you. I just got back from taking my dad out to esperanza inlet for my uncles memorial trip (he passed with cancer last year) anyways my girlfriend just bought me a brand new blue islander mr2la reel, obviously saving for a while as i wanted one so bad but never could come up with the extra coin. We got a double header so as always i put my rod in the rod holder and net my dads fish. Well as i ran over to my rod it broke the rod holder and the salmon took my brand new rod and reel to the bottom. To make it worse it was the first connected bite with this new setup. I just wanted to inform you guys incase your fishing in the esperanza inlet/nootka island area and come across it on your lines. It would mean the world to me if found (I knows its next to impossible) this photo was the last time i set eyes on her.
That suck big time, lost one a few years back but not from holders breaking, wife slippery hands lol, all I can say future reference loosen your drag, for the older to snap must of been cracked or your drag was way to tight

Back