Salmon Strikes! - Downrigger Footage

Hi everyone,

The following is a sample of downrigger footage we have taken during this salmon season on Lake Ontario. Most of the footage was shot down 80 to 110 feet which challenges the smaller sensor camera but we're happy with some of the results.

Hope you enjoy!

Alan

[TatKKww9oDo] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TatKKww9oDo

awesome vid!!!

That was a really great video. I never get sick of take downs.

Good vids!...

Often wondered if those flashers (I believe they are Dreamweaver?) work out here on the west coast chuck....?

They had some for awhile at Harbor Chandler..

Anybody use them out here?

I really like the rolling/arcing action on them......

Awesome footage!
Shows that fish will follow for quite some time, take a few strikes at bait at times...

Very cool.

Tips

pretty interesting the spoon at the end... how the fish took three solid hits at the spoon but didn't stick. and the smaller fish there for 4 minutes... great video!

Love that last one - a classic. On the west coast we use barb-less hooks. I assume on lake Ontario you use barbed hooks am I correct?

h.e.h.

Got one from cabelas can't really say that it is catching any more than a hotspot.

Good vids!...

Often wondered if those flashers (I believe they are Dreamweaver?) work out here on the west coast chuck....?

They had some for awhile at Harbor Chandler..

Anybody use them out here?

I really like the rolling/arcing action on them......

Love that last one - a classic. On the west coast we use barb-less hooks. I assume on lake Ontario you use barbed hooks am I correct?

h.e.h.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Hit em Hard, I'd say that most people run barbed hooks. We currently have the 7 week Great Ontario Salmon Derby underway too and with the impressive prize packages most people are playing for keeps!

Hey steelydan are those the flashers you were talking about on the thread you started?
Looks like they got some good action, curious if anyone on the west coast uses em?

Nope, those ones I was looking at before are Reel-Flashers from Michigan Angler

Awsome footage, any chance you can show how you rigged the gopro to take the footage underwater? I have a new gopro and want to try taking some footage this year.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back