salmon fishing close to Vancouver

jekern1015

I will be visiting family the week of may 6-10 in Vancouver. I really enjoy Salmon of all kinds, they're fun to catch with there raw power and they taste even better. That time of year is it to early for the Salmon to be in the river heading up to spawn. Where could I go to catch them if its not to early. I would also be interested in any lakes somewhat close to Vancouver that have Kokanee Salmon in them. Do any of the lakes that have kokanee salmon rent boats. With the price of gas skyrocketing, I don't think I will have enough money to rent a guide this year to take me fishing. I am not looking for hotspots just places to get started, half the fun of fishing is the pursuit. Thanks in advance to any information you can provide me with.

There are few lakes close to Vancouver that have Kokanee and boat rental options for fishing freshwater are limited.

Trout fishing in one of the local put 'n take lakes is your best bet for some action @ that time.

Contacting somewhere like Pacific Angler might bring some more specific help although they are a fly shop and will probably try to sell you a guided trip-I know they no longer rent rods/reels but they might rent a belly boat.

Back