Salmon Confidential

Little Hawk

Hello

This film is the behind the scenes on the greatest environmental scandal in British Columbia.

Please watch and then make sure all your MLA hopefuls watch this as they will be holding this ball as the issue breaks the surface, finally after twenty years.

SALMON CONFIDENTIAL <http://alexandramorton.typepad.com/alexandra_morton/2013/03/salmon-confidential.html>

The wild salmon of British Columbia need our participation in stopping the viral pollution. The Province of BC is charge of the land tenures for every salmon feedlot and thus they decide which wild salmon are exposed to this.

Please do what you can to spread this film.

Alexandra Morton

The thing that struck me was the part about the weak hearts some of the salmon have and how that could make river navigation and escaping predators etc. difficult. Then I thought about the lazy weak fighting coho we all saw in HUGE numbers last year.

Hmm... I think I'll dissect a bit more next season and see if those lazy coho have healthy looking hearts or mushy ones like in the video. Probably not related - but worth a look I think. Excellent documentary I know it's one sided but the other side is a joke. They can deny and hide and try to alter facts. Why doesn't the USA have a lab that can run those tests? Alexandra should send some samples down south and let the American food and drug inspection agency have a look.

The thing that struck me was the part about the weak hearts some of the salmon have and how that could make river navigation and escaping predators etc. difficult. Then I thought about the lazy weak fighting coho we all saw in HUGE numbers last year.

Hmm... I think I'll dissect a bit more next season and see if those lazy coho have healthy looking hearts or mushy ones like in the video. Probably not related - but worth a look I think. Excellent documentary I know it's one sided but the other side is a joke. They can deny and hide and try to alter facts. Why doesn't the USA have a lab that can run those tests? Alexandra should send some samples down south and let the American food and drug inspection agency have a look.

GDW: This is a great thing to do and I was thinking the same thing with the coming season. Perhaps Alexandra can equip all of the Rec Anglers out there with some basic knowledge of things to look for in the fish as we are cleaning them. I would think that a little one or two pager could be put together for people to print out and keep on their boat for identifying sick fish...both to document, test and bring awareness to the problem.....but also, because I don't feel safe feeding my family sick fish...

She sent the samples to the 2 labs that are internationally recognized. There findings should have been enough. The Feds Re testing badly degraded samples in a lab that isn't qualified or recognized by the international community and accepting their findings. That is criminal in my mind.

I agree but if its true that the USA will ban farmed salmon imports if ISA is found then wouldn't the USFDA be interested in taking a look? Especially with all the hokus pokes that's going on up here. Maybe they don't want to find it either?

There must be a lab somewhere in the USA capable of checking. Not accredited but capable.

Now also posted at: http://salmonconfidential.ca/

Have a watch - very interesting, important and pertinent to everyone who cares about wild salmon of every species.

Lets have a discussion on the film, CFIA, government corruption and collusion, the Harper management era, fish viruses, and the future at

Let's hear what you think!

International investment is an essential corporate strategy for many Canadian and international companies competing in today’s global economy. For Canadian companies investing abroad or for international companies investing in Canada, they can gain access to markets, reduce input costs, secure access to key resources, acquire new technologies and provide better support to customers. On the other hand, the risks of investing in a foreign country can be high. Such risks include political instability, weak legal institutions, uncertain regulatory regimes and the possibility of expropriation. For this reason, the Canadian government pursues a policy of negotiating Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (FIPAs) in order to provide a more transparent and predictable climate for Canadian investors abroad and for international (Norwegian) investors in Canada. The Canadian FIPA's include assurances to international investors that regulatory regimes are favorable and stable here. To suggest a disruptive change in regulation (around aquaculture, for instance) could violate the FIPA and jeopardize future opportunities for investment and trade.

To suggest a disruptive change in regulation (around aquaculture, for instance) could violate the FIPA and jeopardize future opportunities for investment and trade.

Who Cares!!!!!! Are we to allow the total destruction of everything around it to happen because a bunch of greedy corrupt politicians agreed to something so stupid as FIPA ?

Who Cares!!!!!! Are we to allow the total destruction of everything around it to happen because a bunch of greedy corrupt politicians agreed to something so stupid as FIPA ?

I'm not defending FIPA's - just saying they often explain why things that shouldn't happen do: open net pens dumping viruses on wild salmon migration routes; diseased fish for sale in Superstore; DFO muzzling their scientists; CFIA closing world-class labs; for example. Often strange things happen out of fear as much as out of greed.

Back