Sable Fish

I own 2 different models of electric reels.

The first one I bought is a Daiwa tanacom 1000. This is a great low cost electric reel that gets the job done. I ordered mine off Ebay from Japan & it was the cheapest I could find it for.

I maxed out around 2,000' if memory is correct & I wanted to search deeper. After lots of research I went with the Lamborghini of sportfishing electric reels.

I bought a shimano beastmaster 9000. It holds 4,600' of line and is FAST. Males a huge difference with checking bait or moving spots. It also has a ton of torque. East coast folks use them for 400lb swordfish. Its pricey though.

I can Honestly say the diawa will get the job done the same. The shimano is like a red sports car.
How much weight are you using to get down there?

I own 2 different models of electric reels.

The first one I bought is a Daiwa tanacom 1000. This is a great low cost electric reel that gets the job done. I ordered mine off Ebay from Japan & it was the cheapest I could find it for.

I maxed out around 2,000' if memory is correct & I wanted to search deeper. After lots of research I went with the Lamborghini of sportfishing electric reels.

I bought a shimano beastmaster 9000. It holds 4,600' of line and is FAST. Males a huge difference with checking bait or moving spots. It also has a ton of torque. East coast folks use them for 400lb swordfish. Its pricey though.

I can Honestly say the diawa will get the job done the same. The shimano is like a red sports car.
Jeez. Just checked amazon. $2200 for a reel. That’s awesome! I guess it’s not that out of line though considering I have 2 Accurates at $900 a piece ..........and I only fish them to 300’

Jeez. Just checked amazon. $2200 for a reel. That’s awesome! I guess it’s not that out of line though considering I have 2 Accurates at $900 a piece ..........and I only fish them to 300’

The drop in our dollar has made it a couple hundred more than last year,,,, but ya it's a pricey one. But the thing is crazy. You can winch a truck.

Back