Rod storage ideas in cuddy

Trophy 2000

Need recommendations for inside the cuddy for rod storage racks on the sides and on the roof . I have way too many rods on the boat Lol .

Need recommendations for inside the cuddy for rod storage racks on the sides and on the roof . I have way too many rods on the boat Lol .
Me too! I bought a a rack similar to this that I plan to use tucked up as high as possible along the side...though it involves bolting through the hull and I haven't yet done that. I've haven't come up with anything better as of yet, aside from rod socks to at least keep tangles down and give some protection.
1675486707024.png

Me too! I bought a a rack similar to this that I plan to use tucked up as high as possible along the side...though it involves bolting through the hull and I haven't yet done that. I've haven't come up with anything better as of yet, aside from rod socks to at least keep tangles down and give some protection.
View attachment 89282
I found this and Taco Marine makes another that is crazy expensive https://www.amazon.ca/TACO-Metals-4...3d-250c883d2899&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

View attachment 89282
They make locking ones. Way better.

Nice share, I hadn't seen those ones. I wonder if you can realistically fit 4 rods with ocean sized reels? Or perhaps the ability to offset the reels (end for end) would be better?

Not crazy about the Taco ones, especially the price
They barely fit a mooching reel. But you're right, depending on the butt length, you could offset them.

starboard, drill press and router and build your own, i built ones in the glasply i had but could not find the pictures

After several other purchased and home made my favorite is wood rails, wire management for velcro by Panduit.Pandit. no rattle. Holds any rod. I will be doing this again.
Nice one! Good call on the Velcro, can be any size , quiet and soft in the rods. Build to whatever size you want. I’ll likely borrow this idea.

in the day and age of some amazing adhesives... don't know why a person wouldn't bond wood or other material to mount onto. NO bolting threw risking potential leaks. Also for the glass guys what about glassing in a small board to screw rod racks onto? Just thoughts off the top of my head this morning.

in the day and age of some amazing adhesives... don't know why a person wouldn't bond wood or other material to mount onto. NO bolting threw risking potential leaks. Also for the glass guys what about glassing in a small board to screw rod racks onto? Just thoughts off the top of my head this morning.
What sort of adhesive would be best for a carpeted liner?

Back