Rod repairs

Try wearing thin rubber or latex gloves for a better grip. If that doesn't work try a heat gun ( be careful!) on the female ferrule and/or ice on the male.

I am hesitant to post as I'm sure I will be told it doesn't work but

you will need

2- 2x2 blocks of hard wood

wood clamp

Clamp the 2 blocks of wood together

Drill a hole that is the exact size of the bottom piece of rod in between the two blocks so the hole straddles both pieces

remove and install two pieces of wood over bottom rod piece and clamp make sure it is a little loose This way it protects the furral

Have some hold the rod and tap the block of wood

I have a block of wood that works for 3 different sizes I would show you the block but posting pics is beyond me I have done dozens of rods

I might be able to pm a couple pics in an email if you have any question feel free to ask
This is the only method i have found that works every time and never wrecked a rod

Last edited:
I had a rod that would not come apart. Tried everything, heat, spray lube, ice , pull with two people etc ..... nothing worked. Read about the behind the knee method (you tube) and it did not work but I had a poor grip . Then I remembered the flex tape, stuck rod in freezer, flex wrapped either side for grip, used the behind the knee method and presto it came apart with no problem. Try it. If you cant get rod in freezer , use ice and let the joint get good and cold.

was going to say get it cold and have two guys twist it apart...
after wards rub it with a bit of wax candle or crayon on the joint wont stick again ...

Back