Ripped Off at Tulista Boat Ramp

Xena

Parking ticket on boat trailer??

Hey Guys,

I wanted to ask anyone if this has happened to them using the Tulista Boat Ramp. Over a month ago, the machine was down, presumably, out of paper. We left a note on our dash, as did others in the parking lot. This past Friday, I went to renew our boat trailer insurance and the gal at the insurance place told me that I needed to pay an outstanding ticket for $25.00! There was no ticket on our windshield. Why would I try to get out of paying $10 ramp fee to risk at ticket for $25?

Xena

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that Xena. That's happened to me a few times (machine not working, but I haven't got a ticket).

Who would have given you the ticket? City of victoria can't get ICBC to collect parking tickets how does the boat ramp get it added onto your insurance? Are you sure that's what the ticket was for?

RCMP hand out boat launch tickets in Sidney?

When I renewed our boat trailer insurance the woman told me that it was a parking ticket, possibly military? our boat lives in the garage. We have only launched at the Hotel in Sooke and Tulista this year. the ticket was against our boat trailer license. If anyone knows another reason for ticket, I would like to know

I don't know how that could have happened. Last year the first trip of the year, I forgot to renew my trailer insurance. I come in to dock and see the cop writing a ticket and putting it on my buddies truck. So I phone him to tell him and I'm laughing about it. I get to my truck and theres one on mine and one on 2 other trucks. By this time the cop is gone. Turns out it wasn't a ticket at all, just a note telling me my trailer insurance needed renewing. Thought that was awesome, drove straight to Sidney and bought insurance. Didn't want to press my luck.

Tulista boat launch terrible for that, either being out of order, or out of paper. It's happened to me on several occasions and I don't go to that launch very often. I even make note to have a pen and paper handy when I go to that launch to leave a note on my windshield as it has happened enough times that its stuck with me to do that. I have yet to get a ticket though. I don't think they can do that for a parking ticket, they all just get sent to collections in the end. I'd be looking into that ticket a little further. Good luck

Back