Rigging The Turd

fishchaser

For years I have heard about fisherman talking about and using the J85 Turd however not much info regarding how you rig it for both Salmon and Halibut fishing. This year I have ordered several of the 6” J85’s and will be using them in Ucluelet this summer. How do you experts rig your J85’s for halibut and salmon? Do you use flashers and long leader and do you insert a glow or UV gum pucky, and do you use a single Siwash hook or double octopus hook set up?

My dad and I have fished the Turds for years. Run em long like a Chovy, 7 little beads below a big glow bead leading to two 5 ot Gammies spaced about an inch apart. Run em behind a cop car flasher in the sun, red glow on overcast days. Big fish setup.
Good luck

My dad and I have fished the Turds for years. Run em long like a Chovy,

Not to hijack but are a lot of guys running them long like that? I've done okay with turds and splooges on the WCVI but don't think I am running them quite to chovy lengths?

2 big glow beads, piece of anchovy, gold skirt, swivel and big single. Take the anchovy out before the following summer, much before.

i run mine around 36",, 50lb leader, keeps a lil whip or pulse action..

I love the turds the uv ones are killer first thing in the morning and for deep trolling hali,I use four large beads swivel then a random 4ot hook on 50lb,the length of leader one arms length or to middle of chest holding the turd in your hand.Dogbreath Im loving that glow needle in there looks awesome I have to try that this summer wcvi cheers

Tight lines
Billydoo

I love the turds the uv ones are killer first thing in the morning and for deep trolling hali,I use four large beads swivel then a tandom 4ot hook on 50lb,the length of leader one arms length or to middle of chest holding the turd in your hand.Dogbreath Im loving that glow needle in there looks awesome I have to try that this summer wcvi cheers

Tight lines
Billydoo

Back