Reward offered!

Cuba Libre

Tis a terrible loss...There I was motoring down the outside of Hornby Island, and bouncing into a SE chop that was to say the least, a bit unsettling to my svelte body . Hoping to relax the butt abuse, I stood up and opened the canopy and stuck my face to the wind! Well, one of my most fav long-billed ball caps detached itself from my scalp! At first I thought it had blown back into the boat... but a quick survey indicated it had hit the briny....... :-( Exercising some masterful seamanship I turned the boat around without causing the boat to turn turtle..... I retraced my previous track-- but , to no avail ... It was gone!

The description of the missing chapeau is a size large, long-billed, green in colour, Acadia National Park ballcap. If you see it-- just PM me and I will be eternally grateful for its return. And to sweeten the pot , I will provide you with a vintage can of Lucky that has been rolling around under the floor boards for a couple of years.... just give it a while to settle down before opening.....

TIA!

LOL. I have also lost a prized hat my fishing buddy likes to recall. After a short ride off the light house at Winter Harbour in 3-4 meter seas and a gale I stepped away from the wheel, walked to the stern. My hat blew off and I threw up overboard in the same instant. Without a comment of either misfortune I sat back at the helm and took us back to the dock.

A second hat loss was outside Barkley sound. My halibut rig stuck on the bottom. I pulled so hard the braid snapped and I simultaneously smacked my nose with the rod and lost my hat. I sneezed and called it a day.

For someone who posts anti fossel fuel stories,
Cuba Libre

The tide is building............. http://www.vancouverobserver.com/new...ate-department

"American and Canadian youth linked in the fight to convince government to put a stop to fossil fuel development"

Shouldn't you be loosing your hat riding your bicycle rather then running around in your boat burning up fossil fuel doing who knows what! Or maybe you do electric?
Sorry for the cheap shot...just couldn't help myself!!
Good luck in getting your hat back...I will watch for it while fishing halibut tomorrow.

This thread...

Sorry bout your hat B. I can say I have never lost one (always been able to circle back with a good deckie)

Sunglasses though....sunglasses..:cool:....and then :rolleyes:

Good luck with that one Brian. I know it's hard loosing a good hat. I'd like to know how many have been lost on the Alberni Canal lol. I'm up to three now!

It won't be worth getting back now, it will be clean. ;)

Getting close---brim was same colour as the top tho............ and it seems that yours has a shorter brim. But maybe you might want to trade for a can of vintage Lucky???

This thread...

Sunglasses though....sunglasses..:cool:....and then :rolleyes:

Tell me about it!! Was pulling up crab traps a couple of weeks ago and had my ~$240USD Kaenon's slide off my hat. Made a mad swipe with the net but it was too late....now they have joined a few pairs of Oakley's, 1 pair of Spy's and 1 pair of Smith's at the bottom of English Bay/Howe Sound.

I am also willing to offer a reward for a beer cozy that was tucked in the front of my Helly Pants while fighting a fish off Portland Pt near Tofino. Fish got in the boat.....I had to pea and undid the front of the pants and the cozy went overboard. It is red and has writing on it from a Rugby Club in East/Central Australia; Brisbane area.

Lol. My wife lost her favorite hat last summer during an epic double header along the break wall last summer. I only had my wife and my 7 yr old on board when both rods went off with 20# fish........Good times!

Getting close---brim was same colour as the top tho............ and it seems that yours has a shorter brim. But maybe you might want to trade for a can of vintage Lucky???

I wish I was the proud owner of that beauty. Sadly, I just pulled that image off the web so searchers could get a complete mental image of what to look for. Sorry if I got your hopes up...

Never mind----- I will eventually get over it. At least it wasnt my Costa Rica sailfish hat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me about it!! Was pulling up crab traps a couple of weeks ago and had my ~$240USD Kaenon's slide off my hat. Made a mad swipe with the net but it was too late....now they have joined a few pairs of Oakley's, 1 pair of Spy's and 1 pair of Smith's at the bottom of English Bay/Howe Sound

I am also willing to offer a reward for a beer cozy that was tucked in the front of my Helly Pants while fighting a fish off Portland Pt near Tofino. Fish got in the boat.....I had to pea and undid the front of the pants and the cozy went overboard. It is red and has writing on it from a Rugby Club in East/Central Australia; Brisbane area.
With that kind of luck with shades,I'd think about getting some floating sunglasses. Check out "fishgillz.com". Those
are all high end shades you lost as well.End the madness!!

Back