Replacing Boat Plug

Baxter

Tried seraching, if it is discussed I can't find where, so asking.

How often (if ever) do you replace your plug?

I bought my boat in 2020, and use the same plug. I have a brand new one in the boats glove box as a spare. But curious, do you replace your plug ever? often? yearly?

I thought that maybe swapping it out every year with a new one might be a good idea, but have not done this. So what do you do, if anything?

(I attached a stock photo of the style of drain plug I use in case the type matters)

drain-plug.jpg

I’d definitely go threaded. I’ve looked at replacing mine just because I only have one and I’d like a spare. **** happens. I contacted Double Eagle and here’s what they said:

141B3F35-F7FE-4D86-8223-246662CFE04F.jpeg

Tried seraching, if it is discussed I can't find where, so asking.

How often (if ever) do you replace your plug?

I bought my boat in 2020, and use the same plug. I have a brand new one in the boats glove box as a spare. But curious, do you replace your plug ever? often? yearly?

I thought that maybe swapping it out every year with a new one might be a good idea, but have not done this. So what do you do, if anything?

(I attached a stock photo of the style of drain plug I use in case the type matters)

View attachment 82857
Not sure the work involved with going to a threaded but definitely worth it if it’s not a pain in butt. I’m sure there’s some good intel on this from people that have done it.

Not sure the work involved with going to a threaded but definitely worth it if it’s not a pain in butt. I’m sure there’s some good intel on this from people that have done it.
I have no plan on switching the plug style, although, my drain is threaded as well, so I imagine I could get an off the shelf plug that would fit that thread.

Back