Replacing anode bonding cable

Peahead

Time for a quick haul out for pwr wash and to replace my Yamaha 200 outboard under bracket "handlebar" anode. Its need for replacing I judge by reaching down under the water and by 'feel' can tell roughly what % is left of it. I also could feel that the anode bonding wire that connects from the motor bracket to one of the mounting bolts for the anode has broken off. Does anyone know what type of wire and gauge wire I should use to replace ? As I recall its a stainless wire. I am a little unsure why bonding cable is needed though because the anode is bonded to the bracket via the 4 bolts and the anodes direct contact (?)

I am going to haul and hang the boat in the travel lift for 30 min only and then back in ....so can't check what I need and then go shopping ...

Thanks in advance.... appreciate any advice

FYI -
Well I spoke to a local dealer service/parts dept and Yamaha of course does have a part# for it but it is just a braided stainless cable wire (similar to a automotive clutch cable only not as heavy) An 8" piece of quality stainless downrigger cable would probably do the trick....

Back