Registration and Licencing

Steelhead S2

I have the chance to get a free boat from my inlaws. But, it came to them from a dead parent and where he got it is a mystery. It has not been registered and there are no papers. I would be using it in busy waters around CR so I definitely need to comply with the law, but I know nothing about the process of registering a boat. It's a brand name boat on a brand name trailer. I don't think it is stolen, but I think I need to check that too. Any pointers??? Thanks.

does it have the transport canada metal tag still attached to it? if so take all the info down to a service canada office and they can hook you up. you can look it up on the net pretty easy

I hada very cheap aluminium boat under similar circumstances which I registered to get a no. so I could fish it in Mexico. The provincial gov't sent me a letter looking for proof of PST paid-be prepared. I told them they could have it as it was 25 years old and came off the farm. They eventually went away-but not without a lot of letters!!! Registration itself was easy.

th_fishing2006026.jpg
"So many fish-So little Time"

Back