Recommend a helm seat with these specs

TheNootkaRose

Looking to upgrade my old boat helm seat. Going in tight little pilot house so compact is good.
Would like:

-High Back
-Black vinyl or leather
-Lift up arms

If you got a suspension you like, throw that into the mix BUT, the seat's box is already quite high so would need a very very short suspension rise, 10-12" max off the box, preferably 8".

Thanks for your ideas.

Something you may also want to consider is that the seat has a swivel base. My main helm chair is also on a rather high box and being able to swivel and jump out is very useful as is having it part way turned so I can also see some of the rods while also watching forward and sometimes put my feet up on the other side seat/foot box.

Something you may also want to consider is that the seat has a swivel base. My main helm chair is also on a rather high box and being able to swivel and jump out is very useful as is having it part way turned so I can also see some of the rods while also watching forward and sometimes put my feet up on the other side seat/foot box.
Thank you, no room for the swivel. The seat is already tight to the pilothouse wall. I lift up the arm and do sit sideways with my back on the pilothouse wall when trolling, as you do. Except, no swivel.

i bought my two seats from extreme boat sports but last i checked he closed his shop in chilliwack...or maybe he was done for the winter. i know he was selling them for $700 at one point.
i think NR motors might have them but not sure who is a legend dealer in BC anymore.
heres mine after 10 years on the boat with no looking after other than a wet cloth wipe down once a year :
00u0u_4YdwBFQ6wBP_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Back