Real Time Fishing Reports Using Twitter

To some extent much of his is moot bc off Sooke you quickly enter US roaming (AT&T) and that cost mega $. Off Rene there is no cell reception. So for foreseeable future, this technology works in limited areas

I like reading good fishing reports, I think reports are best done after the trip when you can post a pic or two. Real time twitter reports seems alittle over the top. If a guy puts his smart phone or laptop down and spends more time checking and changing gear he will probably have a better report when he gets home!!! If you want a real time report get in your boat and turn your vhf!!! Reading reports is great but making them is a lot more fun!!!!
JAC

I like reading good fishing reports, I think reports are best done after the trip when you can post a pic or two. Real time twitter reports seems alittle over the top. If a guy puts his smart phone or laptop down and spends more time checking and changing gear he will probably have a better report when he gets home!!! If you want a real time report get in your boat and turn your vhf!!! Reading reports is great but making them is a lot more fun!!!!
JAC

Well said. The last thing I want to do while fishing is be glued to my phone!

X2. I don't even have music on my
boat. Read water, read weather, read bottom, check other boats around you, check gear, try something different, try a different area, try different depth, go back to what you started with because that should have worked. Repeat. Not much time left over

I'm thinkin most dont really want ta give up there location of the day , busy enuff as it is...
if it was that easy , why not just go ta the market , hell most dont even give locations
on the VHF , x3 , not out there to play with keypads....

hopefully guys dont use this tool just as there pullin out cause there done for the day ,
things are getting way to fricken easy...

save the braggin for when we get home lol...

FD

I don't even turn my cell phone on while fishing. I go fishing to get away for a break. My phone is with me for emergencies. I tell all my buddys phones off before we leave the dock. Can't stand the sound of the phone ringing while on the water.

I think one of the reasons I like Renfrew so much is because of no cell coverage.

Back