Real Time Fishing Reports Using Twitter

AJS

I've launched a Twitter feed for people interested in getting or giving fishing reports in real time. If you are interested in this free service, follow AnglerJim on Twitter. Here's how it works:

1. Sign up to Twitter (if you are not already).
2. Simply follow AnglerJim on Twitter and you will now receive all the tweets from people who want to contribute fishing reports.
3. If you want to contribute a fishing report, simply tweet to AnglerJim the report and your tweet will be sent to all users following AnglerJim. For example: @AnglerJim We just landed a 12 lb Spring at Trap Shack. 100 ft on small anchovy.

I've also created four hashtags that consolidates tweets for a specific area. These are #sookefishbite, #victoriafishbite, #vancouverfishbite, and #bamfieldfishbite. If these are used often enough, I'll create more hashtags for other regions ie Cambell River.

Here is how to use the hashtags in your tweets:
@anglerjim Lots of bait showing up at 80 feet at Constance Bank #victoriafishbite

If you have any questions or comments on this service, post below and I'll do my best to help you out. Happy fishing everyone!

Cheers,
AnglerJim

Last edited by a moderator:
What's a tweet?

Sounds interesting but the best reports are the ones you make yourself by getting out there.

Done. Looking forward to the tweets

What's a tweet?

Damn....

peeps.jpg

I was close Amirite?

Tweet-twaat-twat!

Sorry, don't subscribe to the new techno-revolution that is transforming our society into legions of zombies walking the sidewalks with their heads down and their faces glued to their phones... oblivious to all around them.

I figure it's all part of the Asian's 'Grand-Plan':

Part One - make all N. Americans too-fat-to-fight by saturating the market with video games.
Part Two - create a nation of Facebook/Twitter zombie's so when we attack they'll all be lookin' at their phones.

Sounds like someone else is preparing for the techno-apocalypse!

At least we will know about it first:)

Thanks to everyone that has followed AnglerJim on Twitter so far! We're looking forward to hearing and sharing your fishing reports.

AnglerJim

We'll just stick to the cel phones, hey Bud? lol

Most people use Twitter on their cell phones :p! The bigger challenge we all have is good cellular coverage where we are fishing in most areas of BC. Coverage is weak or non-existent in parts of Sooke, Port Renfrew, Johnstone Strait, Nootka, etc... At least with Twitter, you don't need a very strong signal to use the service, especially compared to trying to maintain a good connection for a voice call.

Once this service is in full swing, it's going to be pretty cool to follow the AnglerJim twitter feed in real time to see what's happening on the water, where the bait is, where the bite is, etc... This is especially useful for those of us that don't have a marine radio to take part in the chat going on there.

Cheers,
AnglerJim

I use twitter and have followed you but you would NOT catch me out there without a vhf in fact I have 2 plus a handheld, if you dont have a vhf you shouldnt be out.

I use twitter and have followed you but you would NOT catch me out there without a vhf in fact I have 2 plus a handheld, if you dont have a vhf you shouldnt be out.

You wouldn't catch me out there either without a good main VHF radio and a handheld back up. Good point gidyup.

I don't know about this twitter thing and fishing reports. Smells fishy to me. It's like the guy wants to sit on his azz in his office and get all the instant reports then decide if he's going to ditch work and go kind of thing. Hmmm:rolleyes::).

No I can see where he's coming from its good info, but I cant see it working to well cause the second you tweet about the 20lber you just landed your gonna have a hundred boats bearing down on you like a freight train,
its like asking a guide in a public forum where is his money spot we all know he aint gonna tell you, I dont like the secrecy and I always try and help if someone should ask me, but on the other hand I totally understand the guides point of view and know he's not going to just hand over his bread and butter,
personally I think there will be alot more followers then there will be tweets.

No I can see where he's coming from its good info, but I cant see it working to well cause the second you tweet about the 20lber you just landed your gonna have a hundred boats bearing down on you like a freight train,
its like asking a guide in a public forum where is his money spot we all know he aint gonna tell you, I dont like the secrecy and I always try and help if someone should ask me, but on the other hand I totally understand the guides point of view and know he's not going to just hand over his bread and butter,
personally I think there will be alot more followers then there will be tweets.

You basically just posted what most on here are thinking:cool:.

but you can also tweet that u just caught a monster at such and such a place or such and such a place is on fire when its not true, it can work both ways folks, dont betweet everything ya read,lol, think about it..what can be used for benefit can also be used for the non benefit of others if ya get what im rambling about,lol..if i was an anonymous tweeter and i sold fuel for example, i would tweet that the fish are as far away from my fuel dock as possible, just another thing to think about,hmmmmmm:eek:...holmes*

You tech saavy devil!!!!

Try to interpret this one. Ha ha . I love it!!!

Back