Real or hoax?

happy hooker

Crew Member
Anyone seen this yet?

http://saveourcatsfromfishermen.com/

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

OK playing devil's advocate here....

Isn't it odd how we are repulsed by the use of mammals for this purpose and have no hesitation to do the same with fish? [:0]

Fin addict raises a good point.

Plus I heard kittens are great for BIG springs off the WCVI in August...

Nerka

It's a full on hoax. You don't actually get to see the hook stuffed through the kitty, it looks like a collar of dark string tied behind the shoulder that he stuck the hook under. I also don't see a bloody kitty carcas pulled from the mouth of a landed billfish, which is what your typical anti-whatever video would normally have included. The pic with the shivering cat hanging in mid air doesn't show the hook clearly embedded in the kitty either, and I'm willing to bet that if you stuffed a hook through a cat's collar it would make a hell of a lot more fuss then it did in that video.

Naturally, cats are a natural food for palegic fish, so I can see how they would make great bait.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

LC, well I am not so sure. Humans have come up with a number of weird and sick ideas. Plus kittens are usually very lethargic when grabbed by the neck. I hope it's false but as I said it is not impossible...

cats in general actually - very tough skin around the collar - probably doesn't feel a thing (if thats real and all)...different story once in the water.

Have to agree if legit..pretty sick, but yes, along the same lines of those that freak over baby seals getting clubbed, but no one bats an eye when a cow or pig gets slaughtered! At least in this case, its the domesticated animal thing that makes it disturbing.

Fake for sure. Do some googling for saveourcatsfromfishermen and hoax, a few discussions on it out there.

It's a jab at the PETA sea kittens ad campaign. My favourite thing about it, is that it isn't obvious and they don't say "just joking" anywhere...leave it for you to figure it out.

The tshirts are probably making some decent $$ for the person who made that site.

Definate Hoax.... I bet they will make a fortune selling shirts and decals etc.

It's media like this that causes some whacko to adopt (and/or breed) hundreds of critters like these in the name of protecting the poor little animals. Then keep them in utterably deplorable habitats, giving the peta-types even more fire.

Propaganda.

oh its true, its used to reel in suckers, like fisherman lol. I think we as fisherman are some of the most gullible creatures on earth, could that dude in the video look anymore fake?(dark sunglasses)

HOAX! Watch the video a couple of times and its obvious. That, and the site says they "are for profit". It had me going at first though.

I've got a fantastic waterfront lot for sale in Coombs, anyone interested? Special price this week only, call today !

Back