Re-power

Busterbrown

Well I am going to re-power my new to me boat this winter and have it down to two choices. Twin Suzuki or Mercury Verado 225 hp. Anyone here have either of these set ups?? I would like to hear your thoughts.Thanks

where will the best dealer support be to you?

SUZUKI!!

I don't think you can go wrong as long as you have a good dealer nearby. I have a suzuki 225 and it has been great so far. Very quiet.

What is the boat? Does it currently have 2 strokes or 4 strokes? There might be a substantial weight difference between the two brands.

The Suzuki's are 580lb and Mercury are 635lb. Personally I would go with the Suzuki I have a 06 150 hp on my Crestliner and have never had a problem with it. The Suzuki I have is much better on fuel than my friends 150 Verado same year and same boat.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I had a pair of 150HP Etecs on my last boat and really liked them, my issue though is I do the majority of my fishing/boating on WCVI and the evinrude dealer support is not great. I am leaning towards Suzuki as they seem to have a great dealer network on the Island should I need any work done. I also plan to purchase the engines on the Island. Anyone have experience with Boatland in CR ??

Back