Rapid corrosion on motor

lower-unit-crack.jpg

that looks like water froze in the leg, important to leave leg down or bag over the drive to keep water out
Or do like I go, service, new oil then remove and store in a heated shop over the winter. And yes I seen yam with blown up housing too

Or do like I go, service, new oil then remove and store in a heated shop over the winter. And yes I seen yam with blown up housing too
We all don’t have the luxury of heated storage :D. Pulled the lower unit today . Now to find somewhere that will repair or try and attempt myself is the question .

We all don’t have the luxury of heated storage :D. Pulled the lower unit today . Now to find somewhere that will repair or try and attempt myself is the question .
Ok then do what Noluck suggested, once you get her all shiny.

you seem like a hands on guy,you should do it yourself, nothing a bit elbow grease cant fix. I know guys that have use a bondo type paste to fix small corosion issues on there housing

I haven't noticed the age of your 90 or if it was moored before you purchased it (anti-fouling or a sanded hull).

I also haven't noticed if you have a kicker (Honda or otherwise). If your kicker is the same vintage and has electric start but shows no corrosion, this might direct your wiring investigation directly towards your 90, not elsewhere in the boat.

All the best with your investigations,
FD

I haven't noticed the age of your 90 or if it was moored before you purchased it (anti-fouling or a sanded hull).

I also haven't noticed if you have a kicker (Honda or otherwise). If your kicker is the same vintage and has electric start but shows no corrosion, this might direct your wiring investigation directly towards your 90, not elsewhere in the boat.

All the best with your investigations,
FD
Honda 2013
Kicker - 2000 Yamaha F8
Hull - 2013 arima fibreglass no bottom paint
Don’t believe it’s ever been moored .

fill the pits with epoxy, sand,prime and paint. Go fishing
Any recommendations on type of epoxy to use?
Got most of the paint sanded and ground off to expose bare metal. Now to find the right products to use .
Epoxy ?
Primer ?
Where to find paint colour match? I asked Honda but they don’t sell it ...
found this product but looks like it’s out of the states or eastern canada and shipping could be big $$

7690F0F3-8346-4EB9-948C-FBD827CED734.png

F
Any recommendations on type of epoxy to use?
Got most of the paint sanded and ground off to expose bare metal. Now to find the right products to use .
Epoxy ?
Primer ?
Where to find paint colour match? I asked Honda but they don’t sell it ...
found this product but looks like it’s out of the states or eastern canada and shipping could be big $$

View attachment 58658
For the filler I would use Marine Teck, paint not to sure. Amazon. Ça . I have used that stuff for all kinds of repairs and it is awsome

Belzona makes a liquid metal putty that works amazing drys rock hard and can even be machined on a lathe etc works wonders, they use it in the bush for cylinder and head repairs on heavy duty machinery. @Jon

Last edited:
Belzona makes a liquid metal putty that works amazing drys rock hard and can even be machined on a lathe etc works wonders, they use it in the bush for cylinder and head repairs on heavy duty machinery. @Jon
I grabbed some of the Marine Tex Brutus had mentioned . Almost have it ready for paint . Hopefully it holds up

Back