Radar arch

King_Cod

I am looking into having a radar arch made for my Malibu Tyee. I really want it made to hold rods a net and possibly add radar in the future. Anyone have any input or pictures of your radar arch? Would you make any modifications to your arch after it was mounted?

Reel Chaos

Hi King_Cod,
I have thought about a radar arch or super structure what ever you want to call it. And I think one day I will either buy one or make one. In the past I have heard a bit on this site about what other people think and the one draw back is having your spare rods in the holders while your trolling and when you catch a fish the spare rods are pointing right into where your trying to play the fish and your spare rods get in the way.

Just don't put your rods in while your fishing, install a radar, install lights facing forward and backwards, Great spot for antennas, You could even put on a radar reflector for those real foggy days. Let us know what you end up with and what you mount on it ..... Steve.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

I have found someone to make me an arch in Campbell River. It is the most inexpensive shop in CR that I have found. The only other way to go would be building my own. Might not look so good :)

The price is $730.00. This includes arch construction, torpedoes and a net holder. The arch will also be removable by pinch bolts at the base (need this to get into the garage). The arch will be made of aluminum and will not be coated.

Does the price seem reasonable?

Reel Chaos

price sounds great, make sure the angle of your rocket launchers is steep enough to keep stored rods upright enough to stay out of the way when that big boy runs straight at the boat and you're holding your rod straight up reeling like hell.

easter08andenvironmentalmindgrind08.jpg

easter08andenvironmentalmindgrin-4.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Mine cost $1500 installed and wired with two forward facing halogens, one rear facing, and anchor light. So your price sounds great.

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Bond sheetmetal in sooke did mine and was a very good price hes made a lot of them and hes very good at it if you want a pic of mine pm me.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

King_Cod,I also have a Malibu Tyee and have been contemplating an arch and sure would like to see what it looks like - when it is finished maybe you can post some pictures.

I will post some pics when it is installed. Thanks for the replies they are very helpful!

Reel Chaos

Back