Radar Arch Construction?

Stoisy

Hey Guys,
I have a 2007 Grady White Seafarer, 22 foot boat, with a small cuddy, and a fairly standard Grady shape. Just looking for some advice on who or where I could get a custom made Radar Arch with rocket launchers to hold the rods. Any advice on whether to go stainless steel or aluminum as well?
Thanks
Steve

First off Steve, it helps to know where are you at for the fabricator?
2nd definatly go stainless, going to cost more but will look alot nicer for alot longer
unless you keep on top of the aluminum regularly it will corrode and pit alot faster

SIR in Duncan could probably do it.
They always shop up on the recommended list for pods.

http://www.prodigymarine.com/

Try this guy in sooke. Built my kicker bracket for my 228G and did a great job. Seems to be able to fab pretty well anything. I did all my communications with him over the internet and phone. When fab was done he couriered final product to me. I was very satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sorry guys, the boat is Nanaimo. But any recommendations are very appreciated! Don't mind trailering the boat for a quality product! And thanks for the SS recommendation!
Keep the suggestions coming!
Thanks again!

I'm also in Nanaimo and looking for the same thing for may Seaswirl. I am talking to Nanaimo Fabricators and Liquid Metal in Sidney. Both have done nice arches before. I am going aluminum. Counter to popular belief aluminum does not corrode due to salt water. It corrodes when in contact with dissimilar metals. I want the heavier look and feel from 2" aluminum; I am just trying to decide if I want it anodized or clear powder coated. Either will give a very nice polished brushed aluminum look for years to come. Just sayin.

I went with Stainless for my Seaswirl. I got mine a year or so after I bough the boat from Sherwood and installed myself. I think they had a guy in Vernon fabbing them for them but not positive? Excellent quality and suits the lines of the boat....IMO....lol

Attachments

• Aug292011 601.jpg
    Aug292011 601.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited by a moderator:
Back