Question please!!! any interest in fly gear??

Cuba Libre

I was going to post a number of flyfishing items, but a buddy told me to forget this board and go to FlyFishing BC

The item are a 10 wt yellow glass Fenwick, (early 70s vintage ) Hardy St John, and a new wt forward saltwater 10 wt line and other stuff. If there is no interest here.... it will go the Craigs List and Flyfishing BC

What say you???? Not going to take the time to post photos unless there is interest.

My level of interest is usually price sensitive. So what are you asking?

I'm looking to get into the sport as well, so there is some interest here
(need an 8/9wt reel, 5wt rod, plus most of the random accesories)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be happy to take the St. John off your hands depending of course on price and condition.

Intertested in 10 wt fenwick. please Pics and price would be great. Also maybe a pic of the reel as im possibly interested in whole package!

-KK

Here are some pics of the goodies...

The yellow glass fenwick is a 9ft. 10 wt FL 108-10, that was custom built in the early 70s for me by Brian Chan. It was supposed to be my "Thompson" rod, but I found out that I sucked as a fly fisher so, apart from occasional river salmon fishing, it sat on the rack for many years. I had the St John on it. .. speaking of which, the St John is in very good mechanical condition. The finish does have some issues, but it still has many years of use.

The Penn 555 halibut reel is in excellent condition-- loaded with 80# PowerPro. Dont need it as I have three other hali reels.
The Daiwa 10ft Phantom graphite 10 wt flyrod is in very good condition as well.

The Daiwa spinning combo is brand new. Medium weight 7ft rod. The reel is rated for 8-10lb line. Not an entry level rod and reel.

I also have a "new in the box" Scientific Angler saltwater WF-7-S tapered line for long distance casting. The running line is braided monofilament. It has a fast sinking forward taper. Original price still on the box-- $59.98.

Prices -- The Fenwick----$65, the St John ----$70, (or $120 for the pair) Daiwa 10wt graphite --$45, Penn555 hali reel $70. The SA fly line---$30, the Daiwa spinning combo-- $25. I am also willing to take $250 for the works.

Hey Cuba where you located?
I am interested in the spinning set, can you tell me the model of the reel?

Hey Cuba where you located?
I am interested in the spinning set, can you tell me the model of the reel?

Looks like a diawa d-shock combo

Kunni

Located just north of Courtenay. And Kunni got it right It is a Daiwa Shock combo. The reel is a Daiwa Shock 3000B.

K thanks, not really local.........I already made it over to the rock for my trips this year.
Good luck with your sale

Fishing Assassin has offered to take any of the items that mainlanders want, over to the mainland on Saturday. makes things much easier. Thanks FA!

oops==Tuesday, as below

Last edited by a moderator:
May as well bump this up to the top-- also have a mint classic Fenwick 1262 yellowglass mooching rod. $60

Back