Queen Charlotte Lodge fine amount given after pleading guilty.

If they have more guests than they can handle, it's time for them to create more of that local employment we hear so much about! If this lodge has 130 guests I'm sure they are staffed to manage that many, especially in a competitive service industry that charges clients big bucks.

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and are working on restoring their reputation. Can you imagine the backlash if DFO had waited until the clients were in possession of the fish and then charged them individually?

Worked there multiple seasons, THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. Don't state as fact what you do not know.

The over limit fish killed illegally by unguided guests are kept for reasons such as you suggest including replacing fish lost in transit by airlines.

But really what do people expect the lodge to do when someone brings in an illegal fish? Turn them in, ya I guess in a perfect world but not when that person is paying thousands of dollars and telling their rich friends about the experience.

Imagine the outrage if these dead fish were slipped over the edge to the seals when nobody is looking and put to waste to avoid this issue...

Not saying what they did was right but if their not about to throw the clients under the bus what other options are there?
So the fact they are paying big bucks is reason to turn a blind eye to over killing??? That freaking attitude is what's wrong with the lodge business! Where's the stewardship for the resource?

So the fact they are paying big bucks is reason to turn a blind eye to over killing??? That freaking attitude is what's wrong with the lodge business! Where's the stewardship for the resource?
Well posted-OBMG used to be the bad for crookery but this is even worse.

It is obvious that you have no idea of what you say. OBMG made every effort to insure there were no fishery laws broken or bent. That, I know for a fact.

No I'm not fight the fish until its laying on its side haul it out of the water get hold by head and tail smile photo then chuck it back in the water that fish goes to the bottom and is predator bait...
Iv'e been playing this game along time I know what's going. Spike them in the gill so they are bleeding another dead fish...

The lodges are using sport caught fish and crab to feed their guests to save $$$ rather than pay for it from a supplier.

QCL has around 90 employees at the lodge. Most of them have fishing licenses and I'm sure catch enough legal fish and crabs to feed their guests. I have been to this lodge a few times self guided, had a great time but there care and processing of the fish was terrible. Still, I would go back again. I love fishing up there.

Serving sport caught fish to paying guests of a lodge is the same as selling sport caught fish to those clients. Which is completely illegal. Lodges are not supposed to cook and serve the fish that their clients catch either for the same reasons.

QCL has around 90 employees at the lodge. Most of them have fishing licenses and I'm sure catch enough legal fish and crabs to feed their guests. I have been to this lodge a few times self guided, had a great time but there care and processing of the fish was terrible. Still, I would go back again. I love fishing up there.
That's totally illegal

It might be illegal but I'm sure that there isn't any saltwater lodges that buy there salmon from Safeway(or any where else) to feed their guests. NITPICKING

I beg to differ, the lodge I work at and am sure many others follow the law and buy their fish from a commercial supplier. This does not mean safeway but any licensed commercial seller. We are strictly not allowed to store our fish without proper identification and only allowed our 2 day possession limit. DFO does many inspections throughout the season and will fine if fish is not properly labelled with person who caught it and info assoc. Please do not paint all lodges with the same paint brush.

I beg to differ, the lodge I work at and am sure many others follow the law and buy their fish from a commercial supplier. This does not mean safeway but any licensed commercial seller. We are strictly not allowed to store our fish without proper identification and only allowed our 2 day possession limit. DFO does many inspections throughout the season and will fine if fish is not properly labelled with person who caught it and info assoc. Please do not paint all lodges with the same paint brush.
Well posted Davey most if not all of those who claim lodges feed their guests on Sport caught fish have never actually been to a lodge.

Back