Quadra Island

LouDogII

Hey all,

My wife and kids are taking me to Whiskey Point next weekend for my birthday :D. We're going to take the boat, thinking of trailering to Campbell River and leaving the tuck and trailer there. Any suggestions of where to launch that has a fairly safe parking spot to leave the truck and trailer?

Also, is there any ground fishing around Quadra? The kids get bored trolling :(but really like jigging:). I promise to throw 'em all back (rockfish, anyway)if you can suggest a protected spot that the kids would enjoy. I don't really want your secret hole just a likely cove or bay.

I'll probably head down to the southern tip of the island to the "hump" by myself for salmon one morning, is the hump easy to spot on the chart, or should I just look for the boats and follow suit? I heard it can be nasty on a flood with a SE blow. Should I be worried in fair weather?

Thanks guys/gals
Scooter

Scooter will give you a call. Will talk to the boys at the resorts on Quadra and get you that info. :D You only fish the hump/lighthouse on the ebb tide. You can also do quite well jigging on the hump to.;)

Cheers ME

Just moved to a different house in Comox so been busy with that but will be back plying the water very soon.

Kev,

I'm up at work, I'll call you this evening if that's okay?

'preciate the info.
Scott

Back