Puntledge

The river is fishable again now. I went this morning for a couple of hours by the bridge. Lots of fresh fish in the river. Caught one nice silver chum, lost plenty.

Fished there this morning, lots of fish around many still look pretty good. I landed 4 (and released them all) in 3 hours and lost more, though most of the ones I got were pretty much done. I saw a few others taken that looked like they just came in the river.
Was fishing right at the bridge using minnow patterns and wool in small egg patterns.

Stopped at the Condensory bridge for a look today---Water is up a bit but fishable. However, the river is RAPIDLY becoming unfishable because of the stink of dead fish. Getting time to move on...... [|)]

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Cuba's right, took my bro out today and the first thing he did when we got there was start gagging. He complained the whole time about the smell!
All the fish we caught today weren't in very good shape either. I still saw some out there that were decent but mine were all in their fall hunting atire - green and black!

Went this morning, no one at the bridge when I went by early. Walked in to the hatchery, the smell's not bad up there, and caught a few reasonable fish, but nothing you'd want to keep. The sow and her cubs were at the river when i got there. Also ran into a large one that was ambling down the hill on the trail as I was heading out, who really didn't want to get out of the way. Exciting morning for my last day on the river. Did see a few fishers at the bridge on my way home.

Fised the Condensory with 2 of my kids for a couple of hours on Sunday.
Hooked plenty but every one had rot starting - couldn't tell from the fight they put up!
The kids loved it since the action was almost non-stop.
Unbelievable to me to be hooking in late November!

Then we hunted for a few hours, still in sunshine.
What a great place to live!

Roo.

Back