Puntledge river

see there we go deflecting and no PROOF whatso ever
you shouldnt spew **** you cant prove as it can get you into alot of trouble
harassment slander dunno man
seems you need the help cause you can not provide the proof and you just cant shut up about it

Ok idiot last time. After that you can call your buddy the undercover cop and have me put in jail. You bottom bounce the puntledge and the campbell river during the heart of the pink and chum runs. It is IMPOSSIBLE not to snag fish. And the fact you do it with big hooks and braided line PROVES you do it on purpose knowing full well what you are trying to achieve. It doesn't take any proof to know that. Just common sense.

Hey parker dont you ever shut the F*ck up jeezus man your not god you dont know everything
Looser
you wasnt there for one you didnt see the rod and reel for another
I did So why dont you just go crawl into that little hole of yours and stop mouthin off where you arent wanted

mister i woulda killed that halibut outa season anyway

ethug.jpg

Bottom bounce yea like i said i dont hide it
braided line dont hide that either like i said i play fish fast and let them go if i dont keep them
big hooks WOW that a new one sorry but WRONG i dont use meathooks another good try tho
altho i also said that i use floats as well guess ya missed that you only pick out what suits you
just case it aint the way you fish its WRONG bottom bouncing aint a crime and if the fish is hooked in the mouth it isnt a crime either
you show me them big hooks im using or that 6 foot rod i use and ill show you just how much of an butt you really are
as i said PUT UP or Shut the F*ck up i want proof gimmie the proof
stop with the round about ******** straight up PROVE im doing something wrong like i said i Fish side by side with cops and my buddies brother who is DFO
my gears been checked randomlly at times like any one else no issues and wow i even asked them about bottom bouncing and no issues with it at all seems they think that no matter how you fish Salmon in the river its FLOSSING good to see your hard at it as well you your self said they dont bite once the hit the river but will strike out of aggresion
we can go back all day every day but untill you can actually prove that i AM doing something illegal
ok mr i would keep a halibut caught out of season bet you wished you hadnt written that seems to me you arent such a stand up SNOB after all
you go tell the cops and the DFO dude that bottom bounce as well they are fishing illegally

Cops and dfo bottom bouncing the puntledge!!!! PROVES there's something WRONG with the "SYSTEM"

Bottom bouncing small island rivers for salmon is wrong and I don't think anyone will disagree. Sure you might not get a ticket but it's a joke. I was laughing a bit when you were involved in the other thread where members pointed out the YouTube flossing tutorial. How can you call him a poacher then floss them yourselves.

Does anyone here clue into the fact that Salmon do not feed at all when they hit freshwater, and likely 99% of all salmon caught in a river is either 1. a floss, or 2. an accidental floss, float or not. The simple fact is salmon are not feeding. Unless your hook is actually in it's nest, it's not striking for that reason either. What it boils down to is wording, and what people deem to be "ethical". If you're fishing salmon in a river you're basically flossing, float, weight or what not. Sad but true. As most people notice fish head up river mouth open, hense why people us long leaders.
The same technique is applied in every river where salmon are caught.

Having said all that, Flossing is different than Snagging.
I've caught people snagging and chase out / report was immediate.
Usually that involved a large treble fully barbed, and a big weight. I've also seen people try this with buzzbombs.

The truth of the matter is, that even when your hook is in the fish's mouth and a "good" set allows you to keep it, you still technically flossed that fish. They've got zero interest in "eating" what you threw out. All their "feeding" was done out at sea.

Kind of why I've decided not to fish rivers too much anymore, although I did for a few pinks this year.
i can see the thrill but I think that river wise, I'm pretty much catch and release now, if I were to go.
I can catch enough in the sea to not have the need, but I do understand the appeal, and there's alot of anglers who don't have the boat, so the river's their only opportunity, and that I do understand.
Just don't over do it is all, and don't "snag"

I don't know why I'm explaining this. You all know all of this.
I think you just want to e-fight each other.
I guess I will just grab popcorn and watch er fly!! haha

Nothing better to do while laying here.
Happy Halloween all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here clue into the fact that Salmon do not feed at all when they hit freshwater, and likely 99% of all salmon caught in a river is either 1. a floss, or 2. an accidental floss, float or not. The simple fact is salmon are not feeding. Unless your hook is actually in it's nest, it's not striking for that reason either. What it boils down to is wording, and what people deem to be "ethical". If you're fishing salmon in a river you're basically flossing, float, weight or what not. Sad but true. As most people notice fish head up river mouth open, hense why people us long leaders.
The same technique is applied in every river where salmon are caught.

Having said all that, Flossing is different than Snagging.
I've caught people snagging and chase out / report was immediate.
Usually that involved a large treble fully barbed, and a big weight. I've also seen people try this with buzzbombs.

The truth of the matter is, that even when your hook is in the fish's mouth and a "good" set allows you to keep it, you still technically flossed that fish. They've got zero interest in "eating" what you threw out. All their "feeding" was done out at sea.

Kind of why I've decided not to fish rivers too much anymore, although I did for a few pinks this year.
i can see the thrill but I think that river wise, I'm pretty much catch and release now, if I were to go.
I can catch enough in the sea to not have the need, but I do understand the appeal, and there's alot of anglers who don't have the boat, so the river's their only opportunity, and that I do understand.
Just don't over do it is all, and don't "snag"

I don't know why I'm explaining this. You all know all of this.
I think you just want to e-fight each other.
I guess I will just grab popcorn and watch er fly!! haha

Nothing better to do while laying here.
Happy Halloween all.

Salmon are not hungry when they enter their natal stream, but they do bite out of aggression and to defend their territory. Saying that all river fished are flossed intentionally or unintentionally is just flat out wrong. Have you ever seen a Coho or a Buck Chum hammer a spinner or short floated jig with such fury it can rip the rod out of your hands?

Don't feed but strike from various reactions. Roe, blades, spoons ect they will aggreively strike under the right conditions. No different than fishing rivermouths in the chuck at times be it from beach/boat. Much different than flossing...

I am not too experienced with river salmon fishing. I have fished the Puntledge 4 or 5 times in the last couple of weeks and have quite enjoyed it. I notice about 80% of the fishers have no float. OK. I have been using a float and a leader about 16" long (just measured). I have had my best luck with a pink and purple 1/4 oz lead head jig. I have been trying to keep the jig from dragging on the bottom. I definately don't get into a lot of fish (I appear to be the crappiest fisherman around) but enough to have fun. Only 1 landed fish has been side hooked and the rest in the mouth. I suppose they could be flossed, but I am trying not too. Any one else care to share techiniques that have been working for 'fair' fishing? Had a seal swim between me and the shore last time out ..... kinda scared the crap out of me!
Cheers all.

Hit the river after a good rain, even if the river is dirty and use hardware ( spinner's , spoon's etc.) Coho love hardware in dirty water, sometime's chasing them to your feet, at times more than one is trying to grab your spinner.[ Or line for a good flossing)
I fished some river's and came home with a bad taste in my mouth because of the ******** and fished sooke this summer and in one day caught 1 spring lot's of pink's and i lost count of all the small shaker's( changed gear and location) and at the dock saw alot of coho at the cleaning tables. So what's more ethical. I love to fish in the chuck and fish the river's in the fall and winter.
Alanf it all takes time spent on the river.

Relatively easy to tell if the fish took it or it was flossed.
Lets assume you are facing the river and the flow downstream is right to left on your hands. If you hook a fish on the left side of that fish on the outside of the jaw..it has been flossed. Hard pressed for anyone to argue that point!

Thanks RR for teaching me that one!

Take note of how your fish are hooked.. gets easier to tell with time and paying attention.

True. Never thought of those points.
I suppose it could be just instinct too to snap at something looking edible as it goes by as well.
Not hungry but just fleeting thoughts. True about the territorial and aggression thing though. Especially with springs.

When the fish is hooked right under the upper lip in the river, definately a take.
Hooked the same place you would hook a trout on a fly in a lake.
I have had chum take but don't recall a coho taking.. been few years since I fished the river though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a question about flossing. Didn't even know people did this until I watched that video of that ja from south of the border on here. I also don't fish rivers so........anyways, back to the question i had. Do salmon swim with their mouths open?

...but don't recall a coho taking..

Coho will take in the river. Was fishing for chum in on a river on the west side of the Island a few years ago. Felt a fish hitting the fly, just as a trout would, set the fly and landed a beautiful silver coho. If I remember, I was using a short leader, about four or five feet. Was it feeding, or was it striking in reflex; I don't know, but it did actively take the fly

The pink fishing that I have done is in the mouth of the river just where fish come in fresh, and they are definitely hitting the fly.

Back