Puerto Vallarta Guides

JuandeOne

Was wondering if anyone has had any positive experience fishing out of Puerto Vallarta with a guide/charter.

Any info on companies, species, timing would be appreciated.

Thanks.

When I hired a charter there it seemed like a rip off because of the 2 hour boat ride each way to get out of the Bay of Banderas to get to the outside. It only allowed 3 or 4 hours of fishing. I think it was $600 US for a day. You're way better off to drive past Nuevo Vallarta to find a charter closer to the outside.

A customer of mine gave a great tip. He wanted to catch a marlin. (catch and release) He told the Mexican Capt. that he would pay $100 US for each marlin they hooked and played. (over and above the regular fees) Instantly the Capt had the rods and reels that were on deck put away and others were brought from below. They took on extra fuel and passed all the other charter boats fishing closer to shore by many miles. They played and released 3 marlin on that trip. It cost him $300 US but he had the experience and saved money by not having to go out again and again trying to get his marlin experience. Cheap for him and a good pay day for the Mexican Capt and crew.

It's all about the tips - for sure and if you go for a cheap trip, you get what you pay for. The people in Mexico are great people and work hard but there's always away to make people work harder. Lora is one of the best.

Stosh

RE: Capt. Lora - he is even familiar with B.C. fishing. He spent at least one summer up near Prince Rupert - but it was just wayyyyy to cold for him. Give him a try - his boat is the Fortuna!!

Stosh

Back