Public fishery

Well to be honest I doubt you will see the conservatives invest money into the fishery.or salmon restoration but you might be able to access it,

Last edited:
Well to be honest I doubt you will see the conservatives invest money into the fishery.or salmon restoration but you might be able to access it,

Yah, that is my concern. It really is infuriating. At the very least we should be having some hatchery retention, investment in habitat/hatcheries/research and increased environmental regulations around protecting the fisheries.

You have to look at with broad range of issues as well as the public fishery. I am not voting for them because these are just a few:

• They hate corporations ( many of these are small business BTW) and expect them to pay for everything.
  • Everything has gotten way more expensive for middle class. Ask anyone.
  • They give money out like its going out of style as our debt grows.
  • They promised to put Fisheries act in place but just gave us a tweaked up version of Harpers. I mean it is not even close.
  • The child care support sucks, and has translated to less on the tax return so middle class actually get less then when Harper was around. It was a scam to get elected.
  • The fisheries seem way more divided then ever before, and the parties ties to big ENGO is frightening.
  • SNC Lavelin scandal. This is actually a big one.

So me its big fat no. Conservative for me. I don't think Trudeau is good leader. I had big hopes but was let down.

Personally anything but liberals.

I see your comments and some definitely have merit. I don't quite agree with your childcare comment though. The current program is a bit different than the old program. It is based on family income, indexed to inflation and is non-taxable. The old program was a flat monthly amount per child and was taxable. Most lower and middle-income people have received more unless you have significant family income.

I see your comments and some definitely have merit. I don't quite agree with your childcare comment though. The current program is a bit different than the old program. It is based on family income, indexed to inflation and is non-taxable. The old program was a flat monthly amount per child and was taxable. Most lower and middle-income people have received more unless you have significant family income.

I went through this with our accountant. The liberals actually eliminated income splitting so it actually works out worse. I know for a fact we get less since it came into effect. So I would have to say your wrong on that one. They get you on your tax return.

I get 585 bucks a month for my two kids, under Harper it was less and it was taxed.

If the conservatives cut this or plan to reduce it will be hard to vote for them.

The income splitting is a good point never did it as both me and my wife worked full time and had similarly income. Now she works part time so things might be different.

I went through this with our accountant. The liberals actually eliminated income splitting so it actually works out worse. I know for a fact we get less since it came into effect. So I would have to say your wrong on that one. They get you on your tax return.

I am a CPA that works for a tax firm. I am well aware of all of the tax changes (good and bad changes) . It's not as simple as you outline. Two middle class couples that both work and are not in the higher brackets are getting more. Every couple will be different, but as a whole most families that need are getting more.

I have plenty of complaints about the liberals and the tax changes. Just not this one.

Cheers,

Even though these recent scam fishery measures are tough to swallow I can't see an upside with the conservatives. Oil pipelines and tankers is all they can talk about, salmon are not even on their agenda. Make no mistake, maybe they lift the closures but no further investment in salmon and habitat and there won't be any salmon to catch in a few years no matter of regulations. The salmon stock trajectory under the last conservative govt is clear evidence. No conservative vote here, that's for sure.

"The Liberals have caused a huge upset with the Chinook regulations this year
I am trying to locate the Conservative party's views on the public fishery and can't seem to find much.
I wrote the candidate and got no response.
I would like to know if the Conservatives would act in a more favorable manner."

Above is the original post by Craven. Seems like he is seeking information on the Conservatives stance on what they may do with the public fishery if elected. I don't think there was any questions about taxes or pipelines or...or...or. Back on track!

I am a CPA that works for a tax firm. I am well aware of all of the tax changes (good and bad changes) . It's not as simple as you outline. Two middle class couples that both work and are not in the higher brackets are getting more. Every couple will be different, but as a whole most families that need are getting more.

I have plenty of complaints about the liberals and the tax changes. Just not this one.

Cheers,

Not in our case it wasnt. Anyway we will leave it at that since this should be about the fishery anyway.

"The Liberals have caused a huge upset with the Chinook regulations this year
I am trying to locate the Conservative party's views on the public fishery and can't seem to find much.
I wrote the candidate and got no response.
I would like to know if the Conservatives would act in a more favorable manner."

If things go well with the responses I have directly asked for from MP's Doherty and Calkins, I may be able to shed some light on that matter.
For sure I will post whatever responses I get from them as they come in.

Cheers,
Nog

And right off track again....

:(
I have spent some time looking for policy but have come up short. There is a Conservative MP that is a shadow minister of DFO and he should be the lead guy when it comes to policy. You can look at his facebook page or twitter account to find his policy position on other matters. If you find anything in regards to DFO and salmon do let us know as I think we would all be interested.

https://www.facebook.com/ToddDohertyMP/#

https://twitter.com/ToddDohertyMP

I have spent some time looking for policy but have come up short. There is a Conservative MP that is a shadow minister of DFO and he should be the lead guy when it comes to policy. You can look at his facebook page or twitter account to find his policy position on other matters. If you find anything in regards to DFO and salmon do let us know as I think we would all be interested.

https://www.facebook.com/ToddDohertyMP/#

https://twitter.com/ToddDohertyMP
Is there not also a NDP shadow Minister, what’s his or her policy? I can appreciate the Greens don’t have one, because there’s only two and they know they will never form the next government. But the question is, is any political party expressing a policy? If not we got to keep pressing for one!

Is there not also a NDP shadow Minister, what’s his or her policy? I can appreciate the Greens don’t have one, because there’s only two and they know they will never form the next government. But the question is, is any political party expressing a policy? If not we got to keep pressing for one!

It was and still Might be fin donally. He sponsored lots of the petitions to stop gill nets and protect steelhead.

Back