proline for sale

Wasn't there a story about this one on this forum a few months ago. Some pics with a Yammy, others with a Verado.

The problem is price, old motor with potential corrosion issues during those years and quite a few hours on it, the helm area is crazy small on those models ( you would have to see one in person to see just how cramped the helm area is, it's insane ) , low bow so in shape choppy conditions waves come over bow and run in to boat. Merc kicker not so good ( T0hatsu ) apparently they hold water in motor which can lead to major corrosion issues ( bad draining power head ). The one plus is I believe there is no wood in that hull.

If that hull was an express style a low bow would be an issue and helm area would have been perfect all around good boat. But I don't think many could overlook the helm area drive a person nuts.

Last edited:
Been for sale for a while. Haven't seen it first hand but I thought it was a little pricey, and I wondered about the chimney for the heater
Looks like a great fishing boat. Maybe because it's not the Grady /Bertram /trophy /striper brand boat. Prolines seems to be less common

03 F225's have the exhaust corrosion issue and need a kit to repair. Cost is $3k. The motor may be fine but that year is the one that needs the fix. It will corrode. It's just a question of when. Weird though it has a Merc in some pics and Yam in others.

I looked at this boat last summer in Delta. I thought it was a little rough for the price. Possibly under powered as well. I never went on a sea trial though.

I would think a 225 is quite under powered for a 25' glass boat? That 225 is probably beat, I wonder what that boat weighs loaded and fuelled, plus the other issues mentioned. I'd want to see a 300 or twin 150's on that. Basically buying hull only for $35k.

Even if those engines didn't have issues 1200hrs is 1200hrs they're done. So 35 for a well used boat through in 30 for new engine and she's a $65,000.00 worn out tub. Nope, not me.

Back