Prince Rupert to Bishop Bay/father daughter trip

In my commercial days we stopped a few times a years at Bishop Bay, so nice after a big Halibut trip. Great crab fishing in Knox bay on the way up

Here is part 2!

Did I miss something? What was the deal with Sea Tow?

I commend you on all the effort in making these videos, and it's so great that you're getting out with the kids. But I have to admit I found myself skipping ahead a lot. I just don't find this format very engaging. I sat on the couch with my 5 year old and tried to get through both parts with her, I lost her pretty quick.

Last edited:
Did I miss something? What was the deal with Sea Tow?

I commend you on all the effort in making these videos, and it's so great that you're getting out with the kids. But I have to admit I found myself skipping ahead a lot. I just don't find this format very engaging. I sat on the couch with my 5 year old and tried to get through both parts with her, I lost her pretty quick.
Sea tow comes in the next one.

Any suggestions I could make it better?

Sea tow comes in the next one.

Any suggestions I could make it better?
Yeah I've been thinking about that. I don't want to just sit here being a hater lol. But I figured you're looking for feedback. I think it's just a lot of the same footage that loses me. Maybe the up and down volume bugs me? I'm trying to put my finger on it, because I know I like regular fishing shows. So maybe more narration and explanation of what you're doing, less cuts to drone footage of the boat? I think characters (hosts) are what captures people. Personality, jokes, a bit of knowledge, an opnion (right or wrong).

I appreciate the feedback. Definitely working on getting more comfortable with talking to the camera. I think I aim to give me of the experience of the trip than a traditional fishing show just hauling in fish non stop as well.

I appreciate the feedback. Definitely working on getting more comfortable with talking to the camera. I think I aim to give me of the experience of the trip than a traditional fishing show just hauling in fish non stop as well.
Oh definitely not just about the fish. But maybe some history on the hot spring. Some map views with some text and historical photos. Little bit of talking about cooking breakfast for the kids, the challenges of doing it on a boat. Some intel on your home made traps. Lot's and lots to discuss.

Derrel Eves YouTube love interview with Matt’s off Road Recovery discusses the use of drone shots vs stopping for nachos at the gas station. It’s definitely worth a listen/watch . Happy to go over the videos with you over zoom to suggest what I’d cut. It’s so hard, I’m trying to get an hour and half down to 10 minutes and need someone ruthless to say cut cut cut.

I will check those out thank you!

I’d love to go over that with zoom in the future. I’ve got most of my winter videos uploaded but once I get some new stuff to make I would like to do that.

Derrel Eves YouTube love interview with Matt’s off Road Recovery discusses the use of drone shots vs stopping for nachos at the gas station. It’s definitely worth a listen/watch . Happy to go over the videos with you over zoom to suggest what I’d cut. It’s so hard, I’m trying to get an hour and half down to 10 minutes and need someone ruthless to say cut cut cut.
Sorry I misread your message. Yeah it would be great to go over what you would have cut. Great to get a different perspective!

Anything Matt's off road recovery shoots is just a blast to watch. They have things nailed down great and you find yourself very engaged. I think you're well on your way here too!

Is this the one you’re talking about?

Back