prime season for chinook salmon rupert or nootka sound

Travo

Hi been awhile since a post but im back . This year will be my sscond year fishing the chuck . For my first year with no experience no guide just reading and a few tips from some friends wr did very well 30-50fish days all coho and a few rock fish . Mainly fished melville island since the boat we owned last year wasn't big enough for dundas I heard thats the hot spot . Ive yet to catch a spring as when I was fishing last year in july I was under tje impression the run was over but on our last day there I ran into a group of guys who had been catching massive springs all day down at 100feet or so , we were fishing top 40feet of water going for coho thinking the springs were gone . I would appreciate it if someone could tell me when the prime season in rupert is for springs ive read and been told mixed thoughts. My bday is may 24 and im under impression this is when the run is just getting strong please correct me if im wrong or point me in the right path.Also any known hotspots for the tyees not looking for nobodys hidden holes but just known spots if youd like to share I have a 22 foot thunderjet tyee with a Honda 225 so I think dundas will be in the picture this year . Thanks guys also wouldnt minds thoughts or storys on nootka sound will def be taking a trip there this summer.

I guess it depends on where you live. Rupert would be great if you live in the Okanagan or central b.c. If you live closer to the island I would say there are many spots. Early August is a great bet for Nootka, but there are chinook to be found all over the island!

Back