Mid to late August....Haida or Nootka question

Hi Gents,
The 9th is coming an I am soooo looking forward to come up to BC again. Due to the short notice I am looking for hitting one of two of my favorite places either Haida or Nootka. Availability wise I can get into Nootka Sound starting on the Ninth through August. Cannot get bookings to Haida till after August 19th and into Sept. I am a bit worried that is staring to get a little late as I have only been up in June and early July prior. Both trips cost about the same for equal time fishing. Hoping for some experienced knowledge/options on the best choice that time of year. Nootka should be good in mid August and I love the variety and open ocean fishing, Haida is always fun for the sheer volume of Catch and Release.
Thanks for any help and thoughts.
Tight Lines.....

Hi Gents,
The 9th is coming an I am soooo looking forward to come up to BC again. Due to the short notice I am looking for hitting one of two of my favorite places either Haida or Nootka. Availability wise I can get into Nootka Sound starting on the Ninth through August. Cannot get bookings to Haida till after August 19th and into Sept. I am a bit worried that is staring to get a little late as I have only been up in June and early July prior. Both trips cost about the same for equal time fishing. Hoping for some experienced knowledge/options on the best choice that time of year. Nootka should be good in mid August and I love the variety and open ocean fishing, Haida is always fun for the sheer volume of Catch and Release.
Thanks for any help and thoughts.
Tight Lines.....
personally I would pick Haida as I have fished it several times and am always amazed by the shear volume of life in that area.
you still have a good chance of picking up a trophy Chinook in September. I have personally witnessed some over 50 after Labour day.
should also be some XL size Cohoes at that time and don't forget the amazing bottom fishing

I have fished in Haida Gwaii on the west side twice in early September. In both cases the fishing was spectacular. Not many Coho around that late but still lots of Springs and bottom fish. Lots of salmon sharks around too.

Back