Prawning Noob Here for some Advice

WillowWheats

I just started prawning this year and seemed to have found a sweet spot in an inlet in Howe Sound. Have 4 pots doing over night soaks on the weekends and was doing well with 30+ per trap. However, the past week had been awful at the same spot with just 5 or 6 per pot. Just wondering if prawns can get exhausted in an area or something fishy is going on since I am starting to notice that quite a number traps have joined in on where I prawn during the past week ‍♂️

I just started prawning this year and seemed to have found a sweet spot in an inlet in Howe Sound. Have 4 pots doing over night soaks on the weekends and was doing well with 30+ per trap. However, the past week had been awful at the same spot with just 5 or 6 per pot. Just wondering if prawns can get exhausted in an area or something fishy is going on since I am starting to notice that quite a number traps have joined in on where I prawn during the past week ‍♂️
I'm a firm believer that area's get fished out. Especially if it's a small hole you're fishing.

I'm a firm believer that area's get fished out. Especially if it's a small hole you're fishing.

I have a coworker who’s parents live on bowen. He shows me pictures of ling cod and rock fish that locals on the island catch and keep off the docks

Yeah I can imagine that would happen especially since there's 4-5 other traps that have joined in on the fun in the past two weeks. Seems like I'll have to start searching for a new spot again . Just wondering, how important is depth for prawning since the place where I pawned at was only around 190 - 200ft?

Back