Prawn Trap Information

fishinbc

Looking to change over to rigid prawn traps. Obviously bauer is the go to, but does anyone have a review on Brons? It’s almost half the price as bauer, and considering my luck with traps getting stolen I want to go the cheaper route.

Will 100% go with bauer if people have had a bad experience with brons.

Thanks!

I had the same query a while back and went with Bauers, Materials are suppose to be better and the ramp is tight to the ground which produces more prawns apparently.

I had the same query a while back and went with Bauers, Materials are suppose to be better and the ramp is tight to the ground which produces more prawns apparently.
The West Coast fishing tackle one's are the same.

Just adding all these box traps use same material Aquamesh. I buy rolls in bulk when I make them from these guys. I noticed they sell them as well. Up in nanaimo.

I disagree that all box traps are made of aqua mesh. I will say there are probably others than Bauer’s that are aqua mesh though. I know the traps that slegg sold where a knock off product, they just don’t last as long and rot out if not taken care off.

I have used all kinds of traps and I will say that IMHO most good designed box traps are better at retaining prawns than the hoop style. The mesh is slightly smaller and it won’t stretch so small prawns can’t escape and that’s why they have made a reputation for being better producers. YOU STILL NEED TO PUT THE GEAR ON THE PRAWNS THOUGH.

Back