posting pics

Sorry bout starting new topic just tryin to figure out posting pics....
Anyone see that pic?

bully069.jpg

snagged it as soon as i hit bottom, it put up one hell of a fight!
Biggest bullhead i ever caught....

At first I thought it was a Ling Cod but it has no teeth. So is it a big Bullhead or is it a Sculpin? Did it make funny noises with its throat? If it did then I would say it was a Sculpin. Just a guess..... Steve.

When I use to commercial fish ...years ago... We caught a lot of lings while fishing for Salmon and sometimes at the end of our trip we would stop at the Swiftsure bank and drop down a big jig using the girdies and would catch a few hundred pounds of Cod in just an hour. But what I'm getting at is.... every now and then we would catch Ling Cod that had silver meat that lined the stomach.... has anyone else ever noticed silver meat in a Ling Cod before??? And does it make the meat taste different? And why are some Lings silver Steve.

That is a Cabazon! It is basically a giant Bullhead, I got one near 35 pounds off backside of Race last year! One Hell of a fight, i had the Harpoon ready for a hali :p and then that crap came up. Im pretty sure 35 pounds is about as big as you will find them! anyone correct me if im wrong.

-Steve

Yes, i have noticed silver and also blue and green meat in a ling before! no it tastes no different! must be somthing to do with what they eat or maybe how deep they are living. But i deffinitly dont suggest eating a Cabazon i tried it and its really greasy and oily. Not very good, It goes mushy when you cook it.

-Steve

Back