Post Your Shout Outs Here

Just want to give a shout out to forum member Hardy Guy.
51138651744_f1c94f3219_k.jpg

Nice! I've bought reels from @Hardy Guy and had a similarly excellent transaction experience.

Note: your pics aren't showing (at least for me)

Last edited:
I'll throw a shout out to Brad and his crew at Seabeam Lodge for making my first fishing trip to Bamfield a really great experience. We stayed in one of the cabins (Atco Trailers) which I found to be very comfortable. Brad and his staff were very helpful when I was picking their brains to learn more about fishing the local waters. Definitely will return.
Don’t be giving up the best kept secret in Bamfield.. i better start booking that atco now! Always a good time at the Seabeam !

Big shout out to Apex Mountaon Resort for their ongoing support of athletes and the clubs that train them. Most current effort: during a recent replacement of a snowmaking pipe, they damaged one of our buried timing cables. Not only did they replace that 250 m of cable with a new one, they willingly placed and buried a second run of 25 pair that the club supplied to increase our capabilities. Thanks guys.

A huge shout out and praise to Adam ? @ SCOTTY. I recently brought my riggers in for a much needed service. He cleaned and set up the brakes and pullout tension, replaced both emergency cranks, both the digital counters and spooled one up with fresh braid ( I didn’t ask for either of these to be done since they where like new). When I picked them up I was told there was no charge since they know the counters where original and had a history of crapping out( 8 + years old ). AWESOME SERVICE and there is a reason their products are on just about every boat on the west coast.

Shout out to Tin Boat Rob on his upcoming retirement!!!!

Hope to see you out there more often and keep us updated on what’s happening out there while the rest of us are slugging away at work.

A Shout Out to Amundson who are based in Delta BC. I have had and loved my TMX5 reel for 3 yrs and have had many compliments and it’s been trouble free. Been saving up slowly to get a 2nd one and was at Trotac on Monday and got a great buy on a Demo model but it didn’t come with a box or a cover. I went online to find one and buy it but all I could find was a Cabella cover so I sent an email to Amundson seeking to buy one. A little disappointed my email had no response but today a puralator truck pulls up and Boom… a box and cover from them. Hats off and a 10/10 customer service. These reels have offered me a more affordable option of a quality reel and hope to keep reeling in creatures with them.

Attachments

• D7E23D46-93A2-4655-AA83-B71C0F0D8CC8.jpeg
    D7E23D46-93A2-4655-AA83-B71C0F0D8CC8.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 25
Huge props to the Team at Comox Valley Hospital. I went in for a CT scan on Sunday and had a quick trip to the I.C.U. Special shout out to Joe & Chevy on the big CT rig, Keira in Emergency and my 3M Team: Monique, Michelle and Mel on the synth and keys, er on 2nd Floor I.C. ward. Josh from Food Services could quit his day job - do stand-up comedy. You couldn't have been kinder or more caring. You are literally life savers! Because of you, this heart will go on...

Huge props to the Team at Comox Valley Hospital. I went in for a CT scan on Sunday and had a quick trip to the I.C.U. Special shout out to Joe & Chevy on the big CT rig, Keira in Emergency and my 3M Team: Monique, Michelle and Mel on the synth and keys, er on 2nd Floor I.C. ward. Josh from Food Services could quit his day job - do stand-up comedy. You couldn't have been kinder or more caring. You are literally life savers! Because of you, this heart will go on...
Can sympathize with you, happy it all worked out

Can sympathize with you, happy it all worked out
Thanks! Dodged the cancer bullet 12 years ago and thought I was home-free. I'm naieve.

Now, if I wander away, my wife might put up a missing poster - like for an old dog:
MISSING
72 year old man, part of left foot amputated, blind in right eye, limps with arthritis in the spine, has severe heart condition. Answers to "Lucky".
🤣

Just had my first experience with Scotty.
Had a counter on one of my DR crap out.
What a pleasure to do business with a company that stands behind there products like these guys. No B.S. or dumb questions. Was on the phone for 5 minutes. Said they will have it shipped immediately no charge.
All I can say is wow, how refreshing.
Great to see a B.C. company doing well.

Another great experience with Scotty Products, another DLC on the way. Always such a nice surprise the way they
take care of their customers, made my day, no b.s. haha I might move to the Island yet. Previously I had a belt and drive
gear replaced after a short phone call, outstanding company.

Just want to give a shout out to Fish Brain & crew ...Great meeting you in Blamtown this summer plus the 5 other SFBC members including Blue Wolf this season.. Some pretty great folks on this forum with some of you becoming my friends :) So thank You Brian for this platform to meet folks on... :)

I didn't know about this thread, so its posted in a couple of places.

A big shout out to Progressive Diesel in Port McNeill for prompt and excellent service this summer, and a number of times over 22 years. This year we were losing oil into the bilge and they were able to see us within 2 hours of our call, and an hour after we limped into McNeill on the kicker. Problem identified and solved in short order, with no major damage.

Manager Chris, Service Manager Steve and Mechanic Wayne were all friendly and straightforward to deal with. I'll be going back.

Just want to give a shout out to Fish Brain & crew ...Great meeting you in Blamtown this summer plus the 5 other SFBC members including Blue Wolf this season.. Some pretty great folks on this forum with some of you becoming my friends :) So thank You Brian for this platform to meet folks on... :)
It was great to meet you too Derby. I really appreciated your advice and the gifts of a spoon and hootchie . We caught may fish with the spoon this year even after leaving Bamfield, and I am putting white UV hootchies into my early morning and evening arsenal.
I must point out that I have nothing to do with the operation of the platform

Back